Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Change to Scaling Passives?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Change to Scaling Passives? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 28, 2013 12:31am | Report
Why don't we all change passives to scale with level? Some passives, like Loki's Buttstab, are fine, but others, like Isis' become useless later.

For example, Isis regens 0.1% of her maximum health and mana per second, up to ten stacks, or 1%. That wouldn't be OP, right?

Tick damage like Arachne and Ah Muzen Cab could scale their base damage with level.

Is this a good idea?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » November 28, 2013 12:35am | Report
Arachne already scales on physical power but it is better to let most of the passives scale to level/power.
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 28, 2013 1:41am | Report
Interesting idea. I think it could work with some passive's. I mean it works with wukong and there are more gods it coult defently work with like odin.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 1:49am | Report
If they start scaling passives on some gods. Other players would want that also with other gods that other wise be OP with their passives. So it wont work.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 28, 2013 2:27am | Report
A few could be reworked, but it shouldn't be a universal change. Some passives are specifically for early game and are useless late, and that's fine. I don't want Art getting a free 25% crit chance at level 20.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 28, 2013 4:07am | Report
I don't think there will be any requirement for ALL gods to get scaling passives. After all, no one has been complaining about how Sun Wukong's passive gets stronger with level.

And we could use this to turn carries into carries. I never understood why Anhur, a carry, gained 15 flat penetration, which is better early game than late. Same for Artemis.

Anhur could be solved by simply saying he gains 15% penetration, and Artemis, well, we could do something like 1% crit chance per level, and some other effect added on to make it a decent passive. We already have plenty of bloated passives out there.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 4:32am | Report
WELL... Actually gods with passives that require mag/phy power DO scale by leveling. Leveling does give more stats lol.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }