Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is this game going down the drain or what?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is this game going down the drain or what? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » November 26, 2013 5:02pm | Report
I quit playing for a while earlier simply because of how hard it was to enjoy the game with so many bad matches, broken matchmaking, ragequitters, everything in the book. Just about every other game would be ruined due to one of those things. However, I decided to come back since I genuinely do like this game a lot, and figured it was just a bad spell.

I came back today and here's a summary of my first four matches since returning: First match was Arena, two people on my team seemed hellbent on feeding and we ended up with one enemy player at level 20 before anyone on our team was 15, but I can deal with a random feeder so I kept playing.

The second match, the matchmaking system, in all its wisdom, decided to take a group of five randoms and place them in queue against a four-man premade all in the same clan, who just gloated and rubbed it in our faces after the match was over, since they obviously stomped us because they're just that good.

Third match, the round started as 4v5, because one of our players got disconnected at some point and our left lane was empty due to our Thanatos insisting on jungling, who then ragequit after two deaths because the enemy Thanatos, who was also jungling, was much higher level than he was and killed him (yes, that's really why he ragequit). Teammates surrender voted and it was over because 3v5 is pretty hopeless.

The fourth match, there was a lot of confusion about what lane people were getting in and the first minute of the round were spent with people running all over the place and mid lane being unoccupied. Surrender vote after our left laners died too many times and got mad.

Is this really the state of this game now? Is it impossible to play without queueing as a premade because you won't even get to finish half your matches due to surrender votes?

Maybe I'll just stick to 3v3s or 1v1s, because at least there I can carry.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 26, 2013 5:06pm | Report
I REALLY hope Hi-Rez would fix match making system... Or better yet allow user made games. Where they can edit the prerequisite for the type of people they want to join. Being lvl 30, mastered 20 or more gods etc.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » November 26, 2013 5:10pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

I REALLY hope Hi-Rez would fix match making system... Or better yet allow user made games. Where they can edit the prerequisite for the type of people they want to join. Being lvl 30, mastered 20 or more gods etc.

I hope so too. It's particularly offputting when you simply can't win any matches because every queue is against a premade while you've got all randoms. I see this problem a lot more often in Arena than Conquest though.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 26, 2013 7:04pm | Report
I'm fine. I've been having good matches. I'd say 10% of my matches have a feeder, and I play a mix of ranked CQ, CQ, Dom, and Arena.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 26, 2013 8:53pm | Report
I don't notice the game being any worse with quitters and bad games than I would expect. Those games are going to happen no matter what, so you really have to have a mindset to just ignore them.

If you want a higher chance of winning, play with other people, pick OP characters (and so many to choose from!) and go tryhard at all times. If you just want to play for fun and queue alone, you kinda have to expect to not win as much as your skill level would otherwise indicate. I think it's just bad luck with getting completely unenjoyable games though.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » November 26, 2013 11:42pm | Report
What gets me is the people who feed *and* refuse to surrender. If you're awful and/or toxic, ok fine, but at least let me surrender and move on to a decent game.

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by rkr87 » November 27, 2013 5:18am | Report
Screenshot of the second match summary?

The matchmaking will always match parties against parties equally - atleast it has in my experience.

EG a conq team consisting of 2 parties of 2 and 1 solo person will always face a team made up of 2 parties of 2 and 1 solo person - this is part of the problem with matchmaking imo as it priorotises making group composition match over matching ratings.
Pentas:
Bakasura x2

rkr87

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 8:34am | Report
Phil725 wrote:

I don't notice the game being any worse with quitters and bad games than I would expect. Those games are going to happen no matter what, so you really have to have a mindset to just ignore them.

If you want a higher chance of winning, play with other people, pick OP characters (and so many to choose from!) and go tryhard at all times. If you just want to play for fun and queue alone, you kinda have to expect to not win as much as your skill level would otherwise indicate. I think it's just bad luck with getting completely unenjoyable games though.
Ya most people that win all the time go try hard. I actually haven't went negative in 17 matches in a row yet and thats with SOME try hardness. I wanted to see if I would go negative if I just tried to die less and behold 17 matches in a row with no negative yet.

But imagine if you went full try hard ? You would probably not even die. If I was to be a true try hard I would literally make sure any danger I run from but what fun is that? I think most people don't want to go full try hard all day because its less fun, unless you care about stats then of course go full try hard if you want. For me personally I can only go so much try hard, eventually I will get tired and want to not be a try hard.

Op gods is a less fun way to play, sure you win alot but its not fun if you don't enjoy it.

Playing with people DEF. makes you win almost everymatch though. I usually don't play with people but I remember I was playing with people in 3v3 joust we didn't lose a single game out of like 8 games in a row and thats without trying much. The simple fact that you ain't playing with randoms should make you win most matches.

For example, in most my games I would go like 70% trying and the other 30% of me is not caring if I make a mistake or **** up just for the fun of Trying to get a kill even though you know you could die.

Then you step up to almost full try hard which is like 85% try hard where you don't want to put yourself in situations where you know you will die, the other 15% would go to being helpful which full try hards are not helpful to the team because they fear dying to save a team mate. I haven't went negative in 17 matches ever since I decided to go a tad bit more try hard than usual but while still being helpful when I see a team mate needs help.

Then you have 100% try hard. I usually don't go 100% try hard unless its a joust or 1v1 of someone talking ****. Actually I should have two try hard 1v1 matches in my recent history where I **** on all the 1v1's without dying going like 7-0,10-0 ect.

But 100% try hards are the worst kind of try hards, they won't help you if you are on low hp because they won't risk taking damage for you, they won't help you secure a kill, they usually look to ks half of the time for their own kills lol.

I'd say go 85% try hard but never go full try hard... unless you won't to prove something or 1v1 someone.
I don't get how people can go full try hard because its boring trying to be a try hard all day. At least with 85% try hard your not going to cry if you die as long as you make up for your death. When you go full try hard you will cry when you die and most likely ***** about it and your team will hear it.

- 50% try hard where you kind of feel like playing but at the same time don't care
- 75% try hard where most people play, they try to win but ain't upset if they die/lose
- 85% try hard which is where you play to not go neg, try to win but not mad at a death if you make it up while still trying to be helpful
- 100% try hard, where you don't want to die at all and won't put yourself in any danger no matter if your team needs help because its all about you and trying hard to make yourself look better than everyone else.

I think everyone should be a 85% try hard not a 100% try hard.
110% try hards are the best though, those would be the tourny try hards.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 27, 2013 3:19pm | Report
Max tryhard isn't playing to never die, that's tryselfish or tryk/ding. Playing to never die yourself isn't the best way to win.

A common tryhard situation I run into is some match of the days. They're obviously less balanced than any other game mode, so some of them you have to abuse the unbalancedness to have a good chance to win. My best character is Freya, and you need a good Freya if you want to win 40% on the Grand Melee MoTD. I'll usually go into the game mode wanting to play a god I don't have unlocked to test them out, but then my team locks in something like 3 physical and a tank. I can either choose Freya and probably win, or try out Bastet and probably lose.

The one where it's an assault match with only female characters available? Good luck winning that one without Chang.

Other times I just want to play a character I like. I don't want to play Zeus every game in casual arena.

Once I'm in a game I'm going to try as much as I usually do, and I think most people do the same. I'm not really sure what the difference is between trying extra hard in a game and trying a normal amount. You're either trolling or you're not. It's just tiring seemingly being the only person in the pregame lobby who cares about team comp.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 27, 2013 3:32pm | Report
We should start a petition for better matchmaking. First thing, player prerequisites - a bunch of drop-downs that narrow down who you get placed with. Also, new rule: only match people with people of their own level. Of there's a party, get matched with whatever level is at the halfway point - i.e. a level 1 parties with a level 30, get matched in a level 15 game.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }