Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is guardian's blessing worth it?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is guardian's blessing worth it? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » July 1, 2020 5:11pm | Report
My estimation is that you get an additional 36gold per minute from the blessing. The 5protect isnt much either.

I feel it is not useful.

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » July 1, 2020 5:23pm | Report
It is, but usually only in Conquest and only on the support because they try to let their teammates get the last hit on minions, which means their gold income generally lags behind the rest of the team. None of the blessings are super great, but they're meant to help during the laning phase. You can certainly skip it if you like, but I bet you'll notice the difference.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 1, 2020 5:25pm | Report
It is useful. If you don’t have guardian’s blessing while the other support does you will fall behind in gold by a pretty large amount. Plus the support is NOT supposed to last hit minions in lane which also makes guardian’s blessing more useful.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » July 1, 2020 5:35pm | Report
But how? isnt it only +3gold per assist?

There's only 18 minions per minute.

That's 36 gold assisted per minute

Wouldn't not spending 700 gold and buying persistence so your tower doesnt have to make kills (giving only a couple gold) put yo you ahead?

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 1, 2020 5:44pm | Report
What do you mean “buying persistence”? And your tower shouldn’t be hitting minions unless you were severely outcleared early in lane.

Also Guardian’s Blessing is for the innate sustain and tankiness as well.

Oh and look at what the “evolved” / stacked blessing gives you: ROLE QUEST: SUPPORT
Assist with Minion kills to gain stacks. Each Assist is worth 1 stack. At 50 stacks Guardian's Blessing Evolves, gaining 4 Gold Per 5s.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » July 1, 2020 5:50pm | Report
Well forinstance you can openwith reinforced boots and have 21+ protection instead of 5. Giving you more sustain so you DONT get lane pushed and end up losing gold to towers.

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 1, 2020 5:53pm | Report
It’s impossible to start with Reinforced Shoes, you don’t have enough gold to start it.

Also tankiness is not the same thing as Sustain. Reinforced gives tankiness with the extra prots. Sustain is stuff like: mp5, hp5, healing, mana regen etc...

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » July 1, 2020 5:54pm | Report
The evolved state is about 60 more gold per minute. But by then that isnt going to help much either....

And 36+60 round to 100 = 7minutes to pay itself off in full. When you sell....well i guess it takes 3minutes to pay off but only after you sell it

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 1, 2020 5:56pm | Report
You don’t sell guardian’s blessing until late into a game anyway. So you definitely do get use out of it especially in a role (support) that has the least farm.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » July 1, 2020 9:40pm | Report
You have to factor in the sell price of 466 gold, so you're essentially only paying 234 gold for it. I may be misremembering the actual sale price, but you're still coming out ahead buying it. It's pretty much a necessity for support in Conquest because they don't get much farm and it applies to being in assist range of jungle camps as well, not just minions. You're not doing yourself any favors by skipping it if you're playing support and rotating like you should be once you have your full shoes/boots online.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }