Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Imagine if Marvel did a moba like Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Imagine if Marvel did a moba like Smite 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ASDF9000 » August 8, 2014 11:39pm | Report
What if Marvel made a moba almost identical to smite but the gods were their super hero's, the map was a city the lanes were main streets and the jungles were side road/alley like things, bases were hideouts, titans were power reactors the reflected damage, olimpian minions were police or shield agents, invader minions were like henchmen I guess, towers were like massive blockades of henchmen or police/sheild agents, pheonixs were like inventions from some of the Marcel scientists. I don't really know what jungle camps could be though, freelance mercenaries?
What do you guys think? I think it could be cool.

ASDF9000

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thegenuinebuzz » August 9, 2014 6:43am | Report
Would basically be calling out DC comic's moba then, causing a bit of unease between the companies
TheGenuineBuzz
Warrior
Main Diamond 3 LoL (quit) +
Guide maker

Thegenuinebuzz

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ASDF9000 » August 9, 2014 7:06am | Report
Wait DC did a moba? I might look at it to see how they did it.

ASDF9000

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 9, 2014 7:32am | Report
DC did a terrible job. here is how most major companies who have hands in various media do a moba. put in minimalisitic effort > fals adfertisement > ??? > PROFIT!

and they all suck.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 9, 2014 8:43am | Report
It's been like that ever since League of Legends got big. We're basically seeing a repeat of the WoW-clone trend, where every company saw WoW as the rainbow and were desperately looking for the pot of gold it's coming from, with very few developers managing any true success. Only this time, LoL has ended up spawning a multitude of imitator MOBAs.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 9, 2014 9:08am | Report
technacly the grandfather who spawed all moba's isnt even a moba. warcraft 3 peeps. a mod map created there became the first moba.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » August 9, 2014 10:53am | Report
Yeah, would be a rip of dc's moba.

Sunfall wrote:

It's been like that ever since League of Legends got big. We're basically seeing a repeat of the WoW-clone trend, where every company saw WoW as the rainbow and were desperately looking for the pot of gold it's coming from, with very few developers managing any true success. Only this time, LoL has ended up spawning a multitude of imitator MOBAs.

More like since DoTA got big imo. League was just a copy of dota, but became its main competitor.
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by gaby90000 » August 9, 2014 11:13am | Report

Yeah, would be a rip of dc's moba.

More like since DoTA got big imo. League was just a copy of dota, but became its main competitor.

Yeah. In LoL you can see pretty much a lot of DotA2 "reworked chars"

Darius - Axe (The Swing , The ULT . The fact that they both have giant Axes and are massive muscular characters)
Hecarim - Spiritbreaker (The resemblance is clearly)
Ashe - Drow Ranger ( Though the idea of an archer shooting ice-arrows isn't original , their designs are rather similar but the abilities are not the same)
Corki - Gyrocopter
Urgot - Pudge (Urgot might be seen as a pudge since he is some kind of abomination created from many parts)

Also , Dr.Mundo is some kind of mad doctor who goes hyper just like the Alchemist from DotA2

There might be many more I didn't see .
Be the best and **** the rest !

gaby90000

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 9, 2014 11:23am | Report
not dota 2. dota. a modded map for warcraft 3. im pretty sure lol was a game before dota 2 but not before dota.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by gaby90000 » August 9, 2014 11:28am | Report
I played DotA a lot , I was referring to DotA2 because of the skins.
Be the best and **** the rest !

gaby90000

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }