Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I still suck :(

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » I still suck :( 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerrigan » June 22, 2013 9:28pm | Report
So I've gotten to level 16 and I'm just not where I want to be. I don't focusing on a single god because that gets boring to me, but I am best with Poseidon. Can anyone give me some good ways to get better at this game? I use this site for a guideline for builds so I don't think that is the problem. I prefer team games and do better in them, but I would like to get better at jousting also so I can get my 1st win favor from that. Thanks, from a noob :)

Zerrigan

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » June 22, 2013 10:50pm | Report
Zerrigan- Short answer-play more. Getting to lvl 16 doesn't require many games at all,so even then you are fairly new especially if you are not familiar with other moba games. Once you get to lvl 30 and you still feel like you are not good or you are doing worse then you should then you should seek help.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » June 22, 2013 11:07pm | Report
Keep at it man you will get there!
If you are struggling against any particular gods I suggest playing as said gods in practice modes to familiarize you're self with them and know what to look out for!
Also best tip I can give!! If you're team is loosing or you you're self are not doing to well dnt give up. The more you play against better apponents
And the more difficult situations you may face you will get better alot faster!

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 22, 2013 11:15pm | Report
Well, as I am the best player this game ever has seen, just play some games ;) getting to 16 is a fairly quick task, but doesn't require much :P
When I first downloaded the game I rushed in whith my first person shooter mind thinking that it would work. It didn't ;(
The first thing I did was watch some Smite vids, but even Dota 2 and LoL vids, because I really didn't get how to play.
The second thing was finding myself a god that I wanted to play ALL the time and that I got really good at (Bacchus)
If you still think you need help just contact a mentor

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » June 22, 2013 11:23pm | Report
I've helped a few noobs train before and there are a few rules I always tell them when playing:

-Learn when to run away. Possibly the most important lesson. Staying alive and not feeding is the best way to help your team out. It's all about knowing your limits and knowing when to back out. When you see a battle that cannot be won, run away and save yourself.

-A kill is almost never worth a death. Don't play risky unless you are fed or the other team is full of noobs. If an enemy is at 25% health and in a tower, don't dive because half the time you will fail, and it is not worth the risk.

-Keep using the smitefire guides. I look up a good build and strategy for nearly every god I play. It eliminates the "grinding" phase of playing a new god.

-Know your enemy. If you are Poseidon and laning with an Odin against a Loki and Hades, you should know that at some point the Loki is going to single you out, because you are squishy. He will likely go into the jungle, cloak and come from behind. Just knowing your enemy and the strategies s/he uses is very important in mastering the game.

-Fight with your minions. Minions provide a sort of buffer between the enemy's attacks and you. They are just about the only thing keeping him/her from attacking you. This is why is important to almost always attack with your minions. If your wave gets killed, retreat and regroup with your next wave. Many times the easiest time to attack an enemy god is when you kill their minions and they don't retreat fast enough.

Be sure to poke. If you are playing Poseidon, use your wave and whirlpool to "poke" or take little chunks off their health until they are low enough to finish off with your Kraken.

I hoped this helped. Message me if you have questions or would like me to go into more detail. I'm always happy to help.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerrigan » June 23, 2013 10:13am | Report
Thanks for the replies everyone! I have only played around 70 games which I guess isn't very much, but it feels like I have played sooooo long xD

Zerrigan

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninjadote » June 24, 2013 5:08am | Report
Hi Guys, even though I am already at level 21, I only played like 200 games and I just noticed I have more loses then wins... Since Smite is my first MOBA game, I am not sure how to feel about it... :/ I feel that I average 4-6-4 every match and since I am trying out different gods, I am not sure if this will affect my KD overall. Pls help! I wanna know if it is ok to do so... :(

Ninjadote

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » June 24, 2013 7:08am | Report
Ninjadote wrote:

Hi Guys, even though I am already at level 21, I only played like 200 games and I just noticed I have more loses then wins... Since Smite is my first MOBA game, I am not sure how to feel about it... :/ I feel that I average 4-6-4 every match and since I am trying out different gods, I am not sure if this will affect my KD overall. Pls help! I wanna know if it is ok to do so... :(

Don't worry, that happens very easily!

A number of wins and losses can be due to team-mates and things so it is very difficult to judge where you sit!

I am also a lvl 21 and I have posted my smite stats below for you

Arena
20 Wins
42 Games
48 Win %

Assault
15 Wins
26 Games
58 Win %

Conquest
38 Wins
67 Games
57 Win %

Domination
7 Wins
12 Games
58 Win %

Joust
1 Wins
3 Games
33 Win %

Overall
81 Wins
150 Games
54 Win %

As you can see I'm not particularly great, specifically at Joust and Arena. I find these still fun though and do play them.
As long as I'm having fun playing the game, which for me comes from myself playing well too, then I will keep playing!

Just to note, I like playing Ao Kuang. To show you the impact of me removing Ao Kuang from my Conquest stats, it would be as below:

Conquest (less Ao Kuang)
21 Wins
44 Games
48 Win %

I'm not as good at the other gods because I don't play them as much.. it's really that simple. The more you play as a god, the better you'll get! =)

Keep practicing and don't give up! Watch Drybear on youtube, I've found him particularly useful to watch.

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » June 24, 2013 7:22am | Report
I agree. W/L doesn't really matter that much because of uncontrollable variables such as teammates and even lag. I'm only level 23 but I consistently have a positive K/D. If you have a positive K/D, you are helping your team more than the opposing team and vice versa (feeding, gold, etc.). If you can get to the point where you are going consistently positive, even if you lose, you are doing well.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » June 24, 2013 7:33am | Report
Lrv7795 wrote:

I agree. W/L doesn't really matter that much because of uncontrollable variables such as teammates and even lag. I'm only level 23 but I consistently have a positive K/D. If you have a positive K/D, you are helping your team more than the opposing team and vice versa (feeding, gold, etc.). If you can get to the point where you are going consistently positive, even if you lose, you are doing well.

On the whole I would agree with this except that he doesn't mention assists!

What you could consider is that if you have something like K+(0.33*A)>D (plucked 33% out of thin air) then you are doing just fine. People often underestimate the importance of assists but, due to the amount of gold and XP a team can gain through it, then it becomes very important as it spreads the gold out more efficiently through your team.

Don't be the person who focuses on their own K/D ratio to the detriment of your allys - it is a team game and communicating and helping secure kills for your team is very important.

RevanClaw

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }