Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I just can't face a good Vulcan.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » I just can't face a good Vulcan. 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » January 6, 2014 7:17pm | Report
I... I just can't. I don't even.

The only time I beat him was using Vulcan. I was trying to go with chronos (god that I'm decent with, I know what to do and what I shouldn't do) and I got ****ing destroyed.

The Vulcans I face read my mind, throw the ****ing bomb where they should, I underestimate de range from that thing (and I believe the range is a little bing wider that what the targeter says).

Well, I know this is stupid and you'll laugh at me, but this is one of the few gods I can't fight against: Agni, Hel, Ra, Vulcan.

So, how to fight that **********er. I just can't.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » January 6, 2014 7:35pm | Report
are u having issues with his ult? cuz aegis can almost nullify his ult.
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 6, 2014 7:44pm | Report
The bomb, even though it looks small. The blast radius is like an inch wider than the bomb itself. His not really a duelist. And his the kind of God that needs players to be REAL careful with him. Planting their Backfire Magma Bomb perfectly to bring down their opponent's health and finish them off with the turret and maybe Earthshaker

That's why you should play more aggressively. Backfire and Magma Bomb both need timing and skill to use. So try to make them miss. In early game his turret is easy killable. Don't let him have the chance to level it up. At full level it's damage is at Par with Freya. If it is full leveled he can freely be aggressive as he wants. It takes more than 2 shots of an ADC to get rid of as well

But if you are playing against a pro vulcan. You should be more careful as they can hit real hard with both their 1 and 3.

I might make a Guide on him sometime in the future. He was like one of favorite even before the rework. Now he went up as 3rd on my list. Hope this helps a little.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » January 6, 2014 7:45pm | Report
Sometimes, but the best Vulcans I faced don't even try to hit me with than unless I'm too far away.

Throw the bomb against him, eat a turret shot, auto attack, the 1, keep eating tower, use ult to zone me back while he chases and put back another turret.

In this "exchange" the problem is not if I will survive or not. The problem is that he leaves me limping and I lose the lane hard.

Also, I have my own thing when chosing if I should clear the lane or destroy the turret. But that's my own fault.

Aegis is a nice pick anyway.

The one who beat my *** harder was some dude that when I was killing his tower with two million minions at my side, threw at me his ultimate from Jungle China, minions died and I was hurting bad, blinked through the ****ing wall and obliterated me. I didn't see that coming until way too late.

Of course I know it's completely my fault. I can face (because let's be serious, I'm far from a pro and I like mixing my gods because I'm more a "playing for fun" than a "I MUST WIN" kind of guy) mostly every god. I know their strengths, I know their weaknesses.

I mean, yeah, I can face a wonderful Anubis mid and he'll destroy me because he's a better player. Ok, whatever. But an "I know what I'm doing" Vulcan is hard for me to face for some reason.

EDIT: Yes, it helps. Thank you. I will try to play more aggro then.

PS: There are some dudes that will just hit you with the ****ing bomb whatever you do. I can dodge ****ing xbalanque to hell but I just get hit by that low speed small thingy. I can't understand it.

PS2: By the way, I'm spanish so my english kinda sucks. Here in Spain we can't speak in english even if we get paid for it, so I apologize if I made a bunch of mistakes back there.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » January 7, 2014 5:31am | Report
OK try the following:

1# consider aegis and if u need some extra help facing him until u learn to better outplay him consider grabbing HoG, why? because HoG works on his turret, so you can easily smash every now and then.

2# practice you juke-ing and stagger movement against him, when closeing distance use erratic movements and unpredictable routes, even if the vulcan is Deadshot over here DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR HIM!

3# Aggressive play of course, it was already said but I will happily reaffirm this, my friend is a NASTY *** vulcan, i mean he's really good, and he tells me the worst thing for him is a player who is aggressive towards him, it meens more early game than it does late game when cooldowns are not established.

4# keep a mental note of what move he used last, knowing that his moves are on CD is one of the best ways to safely press on, BUT BE CAREFUL OF MINIONS! early game minions is sometimes how Vulcan players get their kills, keep it in mind.

5# If you can clear minions faster than him, do that before engaging, making a vulcan chose between using his clear on minions or you is KEY! its a lose lose for him and could be the ticket u need to take his turret out or poke him.

6# try to kill the turret often, letting it sit there and do his dirty work is hurting your chances at winning lane more than u might think, for every turret kill u get u make the vulcan waste more mana, if he makes a new one before u kill it, GREAT! that's time, mana, and positioning he is being forced to adjust, making the other mid player fight on your terms is a good formula for winning mid lane.

7# stay separated from your minions some times, it will force him to chose again and u never want to let the person ur laning against poke u and clear the wave with one well placed move, make them chose, waste their mana, poke if possible (safely is ideal)

These tips you may already be doing but hopefully I gave some insight on the overall gameplan I will leave you wit a summary of your tactic:

Make them chose, take the fight to them, tactically make them waste moves, CRUSH THAT TURRET!

hope that all helps goodluck man! =)
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 7, 2014 6:03am | Report
Aj's covered some great points, not only for dealing with Vulcan. But other gods too.

If you want to counter Vulcan you have to know how to play him, consider playing him and see what kills you. This is the quickest way to learning how to kill Vulcan. Once you get good others will still beat you, learn from how they beat you. A smart person is not someone who knows alot, but someone who can learn from everyone around him.

Some quick few tips, their addittional so I'll number them in response to Aj:

7.5# Don't stand inside your minion wave, since Vulcan has two area of effect attacks you will grant him a 2 for the price of 1. However, when his bomb and backfire are down, you can use the minion wave to take hits for you, only then is this acceptable.

8# When playing mid or solo against Vulcan, always prioritize on clearing the minion wave. If the minion wave is pushed towards your tower, however, try to get the turret too. If you're playing Chronos, or someone else with inferior wave clearance, request a gank to win some lane back.

9# In teamfights, check the sound for a Vulcan ultimate. A good Vulcan abuses teamfights' chaos to land a maximum distance ult, which can result in a easy 1.3k damage. If you hear Vulcan's ult, be sure to reposition immideatly.

10# His bomb flings you in the direction you were going. If you were moving forward, you'll fly further. Change your movement accordingly to where you want to be heading.

11# In fights, duels in particular, get up close. Since they changed his ultimate, his turret can no longer turn. If you get all up in his face (yo) he'll have a hard time positioning.

12# In wave clearing, if his backfire hits you (but not your wave) the turret will focus only you. Just step away, he can't clear the wave as efficiently so you get almost no penalty for just stepping back a little.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }