Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hel Skill Revamp

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hel Skill Revamp 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Syriio » July 22, 2013 11:40pm | Report
I know shes somewhat broken so before flames about who cares, I mean honestly she's fun to play only god where I actually feel like I'm controlling who I can heal specifically (Besides Aphro Obviously but it's different) I just mainly never play her because the skin is so ****ty to look at. Comments/Concerns/Etc?

Syriio

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 23, 2013 12:52am | Report
She used to look better last year before a stealth update messed up the way her face looked.

And sometime after that, they broke her cooldowns so much that she became borderline unplayable.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » July 23, 2013 5:08am | Report
For someone who never played Hel: Why is she broken?
Had her in several Assaults, but only focused on heal and poke.
Seemed to be okay for me, why is everyone saying she's broken?

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kintastic » July 23, 2013 7:07am | Report
Because Hel is the slowest god in the game and has no kind of escape whatsoever, combined with her long cool downs, makes her completely useless. I'll still play her occasionally for joust, but almost never for conquest anymore. If you go against a competent team, Hel will be completely shut down.

Kintastic

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 23, 2013 4:45pm | Report
It's true that Hel is fairly lackluster in Conquest, and I believe this is mainly because of how unsafe her farm is:

1. She has get in close to include all the minions in her Repulse / Inspire
2. The shared cooldowns prevent her from being able to heal after she clears the minion wave.
3. She lacks a press-to-win escape, and has the slowest base movement speed as well as the lowest base health in the game (and no scaling magic protection to boot).

On the plus side, she can push pretty damn hard early game because she can heal her minion wave back up to full. :D And once she has a few points in her Repulse, she can insta-melt all the regular minions.

Personally, I would hate to see her kit changed as it works wonderfully in arena. I'm pretty close to my 2,000th worshiper on her, so a major overhaul will take a long time to get used to.

Also, I quite like her skin (although the face change was unwarranted and terrible). And as much as that disc *needs* to go, it will be weird playing her without it.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }