Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

He Bo vs Isis

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » He Bo vs Isis 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » November 22, 2013 3:42am | Report
I just played against Isis as He Bo. I totally sucked, I felt like i can't do ANYTHING, she easily prevented me from getting close to minions and killed me waaay to many times. I'm shocked bacause I usually do pretty well with HeBo and... I'm just wondering... Is Isis such a hard counter for god of a Yellow River?

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 22, 2013 3:45am | Report
Well, it all depends on playstyle. In general, I find that Isis has the advantage, because the has the luxury of playing defensively, which is almost always a better option. Once you use your Water Spout, she can feel free to pound on you without interruption, and you won't be able to stop her stun.

Her high mobility also allows her to juke well.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » November 22, 2013 4:09am | Report
I can't imagine Isis being an amazing counter for Hebo 1v1, but maybe in terms of pushing. She does have a stun + excellent poke, so she's probably better than hebo at laning because she can play defensively and then suddenly go hyper aggressive, which is harder to counter than constant harassing. :P

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 22, 2013 5:34am | Report
He bo is always at a disadvantage against isis because of her wave clear.

The only way hebo can win is to use the water spout knock up to kick her out off her 1 which will kill her wave clear. The down side to it is that she is incredibly hard to hit but it's the only way a hebo can out push isis.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » November 22, 2013 7:55am | Report
As soon as Isis begins using her "1" (her lane clear), Hebo uses his "3" to knock her up. This interrupts her lane clear, neutering her. Hebo does not have the same lane clear, but he has infinitely better harass. You just have to dodge the balls to the face. But focus on interrupting her Wing Gust with your Waterspout.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 22, 2013 10:10am | Report
Strange. Drybear just released a video is which he says that Isis' hardest matchup IS He Bo, just for the fact that your clear is completely nulled with Waterspout. So, minion wave comes and attacks each other; either Isis tries to clear and He Bo waterspouts her, or Isis waits until its used while He Bo clears the wave.

In theory, he's right. In it happening, though, is another story altogether.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 22, 2013 10:19am | Report
You have to interrupt her 1 with your 3. That's basically what the matchup comes down to. You have the ability to punish mistakes way harder, so you just can't get buried in tower and poked out. It's tough for both of those gods to go up against each other when the other knows what they're doing, but He Bo has the advantage imo.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by noctuum » November 22, 2013 9:54pm | Report
Isis is definitely a counter to hebo. you will have to take precautions that normally you wouldn't have to take. play more carefully. instead of trying to kill her, just try to deny her creep farm by interrupting her 1 and out-sustaining her.

Don't attack her unless your jungler or another teamate is there to gank or assist. Also try to burst her down when her abilities are on cooldown. wait until she uses them then see if you can do some major damage.
Exclamatory! I'm so Adjective I Verb Nouns Adverbly.

IGN: BonyCrow
Add Me.

noctuum

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }