Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

GOD BANS

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » GOD BANS 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 1, 2012 12:43pm | Report
I think that this will be either a very good feature or just useless

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 4, 2012 12:36pm | Report
I believe that even though they're studying which Gods are being banned, the idea is terrible for these reasons:

1. There are Gods like Loki that, let's face it, few like to go up against. That's a ban there. Any character that has been buffed, that's a ban there.

2. The personality of the highest-ranked player matters. In one game, I specifically asked them NOT to ban a God, and can you guess what they did? They banned him with a smile.

3. Although the banning of a God could improve the ability to have fun in a game for some, you're potentially ruining the fun for another, especially if the only God they know to play was banned.

This system will NOT work. It is highly biased and it does NOT include what all of the players think.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DanMcFlan » December 4, 2012 4:12pm | Report
I feel like in ranked or in 5v5 competitive matches this system works, but not in pubs.

DanMcFlan

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 4, 2012 4:31pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

I believe that even though they're studying which Gods are being banned, the idea is terrible for these reasons:

1. There are Gods like Loki that, let's face it, few like to go up against. That's a ban there. Any character that has been buffed, that's a ban there.

2. The personality of the highest-ranked player matters. In one game, I specifically asked them NOT to ban a God, and can you guess what they did? They banned him with a smile.

3. Although the banning of a God could improve the ability to have fun in a game for some, you're potentially ruining the fun for another, especially if the only God they know to play was banned.

This system will NOT work. It is highly biased and it does NOT include what all of the players think.

I agree with you for Normal Conquest. That should be free reign of the players. However, it is a great system for Ranked Conquest just because it adds a layer of strategy and preparedness that should be expected of all players in a ranked setting.

Of course at the moment people are ****ing around with it Normal Conquest because really there are no significant consequences if you lose after banning a god a teammate wants to play. However, in ranked conquest, a specific god ban could very well be the difference between victory and defeat which directly affects your ELO.

Though, I must admit I'm having a very optimistic view on the subject. There will always be trolls abusing the system, but I feel like its functionality in ranked outweighs the amount of people who will decide to troll with it.

ALSO: THOR IS THE PERMABANNED GOD. WE WERE ALL WRONG.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 4, 2012 9:55pm | Report
SmellyHarry wrote:

ALSO: THOR IS THE PERMABANNED GOD. WE WERE ALL WRONG.

come on, that was so expected :p
I mean a long range stun that requires no skill
into a into your face teleport

after the patch notes were released you could have seen this coming

ugh hirez remove the bans for normal
ranked okay
Normal no Q.Q
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 16, 2013 12:42pm | Report
Letting people choose who to ban is pretty ******ed why don't you think they have those choices in games like call of duty, gears of war, or any online game for consoles? Because people don't play fair they're are real life trolls and ****s who will do things on purpose to win or piss you off.

I am willing to bet that people will be banning gods just so you don't use them not because they are unfair. Maybe someone hates a certain individual yes ban his god because he pisses me off!
Hi-Rez should be the one decided who gets banned not giving that power to individuals who might abuse it.

You like that god? Ban, I hate you? Ban, I don't like that god? Ban, I think your god is annoying so ban, You want to talk trash on facebook well eat my ban, okay I'll just ban your teammates god ban so you don't get mad. BAN BAN BAN BAN. This is based on what people think.

If you don't know by now not all peoples thoughts are very good ones. Try to go on call of duty without getting raged at by a 12 year old. Lets see how fast every weapon in the game on call of duty would be banned if we give that person power to ban things based on what he wants to do or his idea of whats fair.

You want to know how to solve the banning stuff. Fix all the gods and you won't a problem in the first place. When I win I want to know that I beat my opponent at his best, now and days people just want to win even if it means they get the advantage. I don't care what you use, you pick what you want even if its OP because I will pick what I want, I come to win, if I beat something that is truly OP thats just more bragging rights for me.

Obama should let the people choose what they want to ban in real life also, that would work out wonderfully. Causal is a no brainer, HELL TO THE NO. Causal is for fun at the same time some competitiveness but your not taking it as serious as a ranked matched other wise you would be playing ranked.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 16, 2013 2:22pm | Report
Dayum, way to bring back an old topic. Banning has been gone from normal conquest for awhile now, although it wasn't too much of a bad thing, depending on the person who was banning. For the most part, people listened to what their team mates had to say, although Hel usually got banned because, let's face it, Hel is a *****.

You kinda went off on a tangent here... albeit an interesting tangent.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 16, 2013 3:38pm | Report
I never got to face hell 1v1 yet nobody picks her and if they do shes never in my lane usually mid I think.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 16, 2013 5:02pm | Report
At this point, if people seriously want to have bans in an unranked format, they need to do what League of Legends did: seperate Casual Conquest into two queues: Blind Pick (no bans, no picking order) and Draft Pick (bans, ranked-style picking order with no clone gods).

This way everyone will be satisfied: people who don't like bans can stick to the blind pick games, while people who prefer to ban certain gods (but not be required to take the game seriously) can play draft pick. Heck, it wouldn't even need to be draft pick, you could just have a Bans and No-Bans queue.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }