Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

GOD BANS

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » GOD BANS 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 29, 2012 3:49am | Report
In the next patch they are enabling the "best" player on each team to initiate a ban of a single god in both normal conquest and ranked ranked game modes.

So that is 2 gods banned total, 1 from each side.

At the moment, they're doing this so they can datamine who is banned the most in order to further the balancing process.

How do you feel about this? Who do you think will be PERMABANNED and why? Do you think normal conquest should always have a god ban system or should it only be reserved for ranked games in the future?

These are only a couple questions to get us started, feel free to elaborate your opinions on anything god ban related!

Discuss!

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » November 29, 2012 7:11am | Report
I think its silly to be honest. I'd bet anything that you will not see a consistent pattern emerge in ranked games, because ranked players are good enough to know there really isn't a serious balance issue with any god except maybe Bacchus which is excusable since he's new.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 29, 2012 8:00am | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

I think its silly to be honest. I'd bet anything that you will not see a consistent pattern emerge in ranked games, because ranked players are good enough to know there really isn't a serious balance issue with any god except maybe Bacchus which is excusable since he's new.

I don't think it is silly at all, especially in ranked games because it emphasizes people being skilled with multiple gods (in case their standby is banned for the match) and it adds a strategic layer to team composition.

HiRez does a good job balancing gods, and I wouldn't say any god is SOOOO OP that they could win a game on their own, but there are definitely gods that have serious advantages over their counterparts.

An example would be Loki vs. Bakasura. Both are physical assassin/dmg. dealers but I would say Bakasura has an advantage over Loki for a couple reasons. One, Bakasura has a more consistent and potent steroid (his true damage ability) over Loki's 25% damage buff when attacking from behind. Two, Bakasura has a more viable escape mechanism through his leap versus Loki's 3 second stealth. And three, Bakasura's ultimate has more team utility (blocking people with minions and splashing/ranging his damage) while Loki's ultimate is only useful for bursting single targets. If you were to choose to ban one of the two, who would you pick?

As for gods that will be banned regularly, I see Sun Wukong as a potential target. He has a leap, great ranged attack, and a very damaging cone attack. On top of that, his passive makes his movement speed crazy fast, and his ultimate can disable an entire team for 2 seconds, which is incredibly difficult to bounce back from endgame. Other potential PERMABAN gods that I predict are Anhur, Odin, and maybe Ymir just because of how damn annoying his CCs are.

Because of some gods' having these serious advantages, I definitely see some getting banned regularly and others hardly getting banned at all.

Also, it is important to note that new gods (like Bacchus now), are not allowed in ranked games until HiRez believes they have sufficiently balanced them.

Something I don't like much at the moment are bans in normal conquest games. I'm fairly certain this is temporary, but normal conquest should allow the player to test out and play any god they feel like playing. Because of this, it shouldn't be subject to the more rigorous rules of ranked games.

These are just my opinions though, feel free to disagree and let me know why!

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 29, 2012 8:11am | Report
Firstly the ban should only be in ranked because now the top players will ban the new gods in pugs since they are op most of the times and this denies us the chance to test them.

and for ranked I think this is a good idea but then maybe only in a 5v5 ranked mode and not pugs since in pugs OP gods are mostly opinions.

I really agree with them to see who needs a nerf but after the beta ends they should get rid of it in normal mode.

as for the 2 gods in total I think the team that banned a god should still be able to use it.
this way hi-rez could really see whos op since both teams would ban the same god if there was a real issue.

as for the rest real perma bans will not happen since the starter gods are off limits and new gods are not available in ranked
btw does anyone know why the started god are off limits? 0.o
I find that really idiotic --"
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 29, 2012 9:09am | Report

as for the rest real perma bans will not happen since the starter gods are off limits and new gods are not available in ranked
btw does anyone know why the started god are off limits? 0.o
I find that really idiotic --"

As of the next patch, starter gods will not be off limits for bans. They're going to start a 5 free to play weekly god rotation on top of the starter gods. So essentially people who haven't bought any gods will have 10 gods to choose from every week, the 5 starter gods and 5 random ones.

At least that is my understanding of what they're doing with the next patch.

I also agree with your point on the bans in normal conquest. Trying out a new god after this patch may be difficult unless they make the new god unbannable for awhile. I do hope they phase out god banning in normal games though, because it just doesn't sit well with me.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 29, 2012 9:29am | Report
wait....

there are patch notes 0.o
where?!

sweet god rotations :D
but I don't care I have all the gods lawl

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Odd Arcade » November 29, 2012 5:53pm | Report
http://www.blgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=624&p=1813#p1813

Odd Arcade
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 29, 2012 9:53pm | Report
lawl I saw the stream and posted them here as well XD

and I even think I was faster then te other site XD

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 29, 2012 11:51pm | Report
God I like Hi-rez! It's always some new major update going on. This game is going to be awesome!

Sun Wukong will get permabanned!
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stureper » November 30, 2012 3:42am | Report
I dont think this will work out at all, since rating system is still broken therefor it might give some random with 2k rating who eaven hasnt played a single ranked game the opportunity to ban a god that counters the god he is goin to choose, and not a OP god, also if they are releasing a new god that will just remove it from the game so it wont get tested or seen in any games(just what i think will happen) Might be a good thing when rating system is fully functional tho.

Stureper

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }