Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fat Godess gods in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Fat Godess gods in Smite 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 5, 2013 7:39am | Report
Is there even... a fat female character in ANY MOBA at all?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 5, 2013 11:04am | Report
Thiel wrote:

Assuming being thin has always been what makes someone attractive. In medieval times (and possibly before) being fat was considered beautiful. Just look at all the paintings from that era. Being fat meant you were healthy and rich. Likewise men with huge forehead were considered beautiful because they appeared more intelligent and being pale was more attractive than being (sun)tanned, because being tanned meant you worked in the sun as a lowly fieldworker/commoner. The standards of what we find attractive is not constant and set in stone. Although I have no idea what the terms of being attractive were BC, it's possible there are gods from era's where being fat attractive.

But OT: most gods are in fact portrayed as thin, not fat. And the gods in Smite simply represent that.

Mostly agree. The idea of fat being rich since you didn't have to do anything was mostly a Mediterranean-European phenomenon, mostly represented in the Roman and Greek empires. That was, in general, a case only for the males, however, as consorts depicted in paintings were still always shown as fit and curvy (skinny WAS ugly, but so was fat, for women. If Apollo was a woman with that frame, he'd be considered ugly.)
And yeah, there ARE gods from eras where fat was attractive, but most gods themselves weren't depicted as such, and the ones that are aren't very widely known. But I'll happily accept one that's done well.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }