Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fat Godess gods in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Fat Godess gods in Smite 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 4, 2013 2:43pm | Report
How come there are no fat female gods in smite?
Why is it that the male gods get to be fat but no female gods ;P

BTW that new god Nu Wa > Aphro muahahhahahahahha

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 4, 2013 2:47pm | Report
No female gods is pictured fat in myth i believe

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 4, 2013 2:59pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

No female gods is pictured fat in myth i believe
I wonder whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 4, 2013 3:01pm | Report
There are only two *really* fat male gods, Bacchus and Zhong Kui (Unless I'm forgetting someone). Bacchus is the god of wine and partying, whereas Zhong Kui is famed for his disfigured appearances, and feasts on the souls of the wicked as the new protector of evil; he's also commonly depicted in ancient oriental (not only Chinese) paintings as rather plump.

And think about it. These are Gods. The only disfiguring comes with a specific reason - Bacchus is fat because of what he is the god of. Gods are otherwise supposed to be perfect, they are GODS. If you're religious, do you want your pantheon to be an assembly of weak *** losers? You want them pristine and the embodiment of power and perfection. Hence why all the female gods are rather attractive - they're supposed to be.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 4, 2013 3:08pm | Report
I believe dark Hel is supposed to be ugly and disfigured... but I've got no complaints about her current appearance :)

Gods and goddesses are depicted as sexy in the game because that's the way they were actually depicted. Freya's lore could be summarized as 'the norseman's wet dream'. People like the things they worship to be sexy. Who am I to question others' beliefs?

And Nu Wa does look great. She looks so broken that I don't plan on playing the game at all until she's been nerfed to hell, but damn is she sexy.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 4, 2013 7:11pm | Report
Well once Hi-Rez decides to add more Hindu gods, she can can become the first fat goddess.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » December 4, 2013 8:05pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Well once Hi-Rez decides to add more Hindu gods, she can can become the first fat goddess.

Oh GOD. Hahaha. Her lore is just hilarious.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 4, 2013 10:24pm | Report
hahah I know there are fat goddess

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 5, 2013 1:25am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

There are only two *really* fat male gods, Bacchus and Zhong Kui (Unless I'm forgetting someone). Bacchus is the god of wine and partying, whereas Zhong Kui is famed for his disfigured appearances, and feasts on the souls of the wicked as the new protector of evil; he's also commonly depicted in ancient oriental (not only Chinese) paintings as rather plump.

And think about it. These are Gods. The only disfiguring comes with a specific reason - Bacchus is fat because of what he is the god of. Gods are otherwise supposed to be perfect, they are GODS. If you're religious, do you want your pantheon to be an assembly of weak *** losers? You want them pristine and the embodiment of power and perfection. Hence why all the female gods are rather attractive - they're supposed to be.

Assuming being thin has always been what makes someone attractive. In medieval times (and possibly before) being fat was considered beautiful. Just look at all the paintings from that era. Being fat meant you were healthy and rich. Likewise men with huge forehead were considered beautiful because they appeared more intelligent and being pale was more attractive than being (sun)tanned, because being tanned meant you worked in the sun as a lowly fieldworker/commoner. The standards of what we find attractive is not constant and set in stone. Although I have no idea what the terms of being attractive were BC, it's possible there are gods from era's where being fat attractive.

But OT: most gods are in fact portrayed as thin, not fat. And the gods in Smite simply represent that.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 5, 2013 6:32am | Report
Thiel wrote:

Likewise men with huge forehead were considered beautiful because they appeared more intelligent and being pale was more attractive than being (sun)tanned, because being tanned meant you worked in the sun as a lowly fieldworker/commoner. The standards of what we find attractive is not constant and set in stone. Although I have no idea what the terms of being attractive were BC, it's possible there are gods from era's where being fat attractive.

So Drybear would have been considered a like a frikin Wiseman-god-sage thing.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }