Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Explain / Any updates concerning this ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Explain / Any updates concerning this ? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Joxuu » March 6, 2014 7:08am | Report
Yo.

Played smite for few months now and I'm pissed off about forcing item builds. I like attack/movement speed chronos build, but I can't buy AD nor can I buy attack speed.

What's the reasoning behind this and will I ever be able to buy any item in the game ?

Alsoo.. will there be update to be able to sell actives ?

Joxuu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » March 6, 2014 7:16am | Report
The explanation as far as I know for forcing into only AP items for mages ect is that they want to avoid troll builds.

And I have heard nothing about granting the ability to sell actives.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 6, 2014 7:24am | Report
Are you talking about in game or on smitefire builds? You can't get ad items in game for mages because they have magical power. You can get attack/movement speed for any god. Any item that doesn't give physical pen/power you can get e.g. Fatalis and witch stone(I think). Not clear on what the problem is but sounds like you have autobuy on

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 6, 2014 8:29am | Report
Yeah you can get winged wand,boots, rod of asclepius, telkhines ring, fatalis, witch stone and demonic grip for attack speed and movement.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » March 6, 2014 8:52am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Yeah you can get winged wand,boots, rod of asclepius, telkhines ring, fatalis, witch stone and demonic grip for attack speed and movement.

Wait, so say I'm on Isis can I get spear of magus?

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 6, 2014 9:52am | Report
Why wouldn't you?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by asianslikepie » March 6, 2014 12:47pm | Report
Uh..... you came from LoL right? From what I'm hearing from you it sounds like you think that basic attacks here are determined by your physical power :P

Smite does it differently anything that a mage or guardian does is all magic. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense sometimes (Ares magic slash, Geb magic punch, Ymir and Bacchus magic thwamp) but that's how it works

asianslikepie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » March 6, 2014 3:22pm | Report
Mages and guardians having magical AAs is a fairly recent thing.Before Eset everyone's basic attacks (AAs) did physical damage and scaled off your physical power.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 6, 2014 3:50pm | Report
Honestly, I want the old system back, where you could buy all items on all gods. Okay, Facepunch Ymir was a bit ******ed, but I love the idea of flexiblity on more gods. Imagine Artemis with 100% AP scaling on Suppress The Insolent, or 70% AD scaling on Glacial Strike. It would fix a lot of things while introducing a lot of creative potential.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Joxuu » March 6, 2014 4:10pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Honestly, I want the old system back, where you could buy all items on all gods. Okay, Facepunch Ymir was a bit ******ed, but I love the idea of flexiblity on more gods. Imagine Artemis with 100% AP scaling on Suppress The Insolent, or 70% AD scaling on Glacial Strike. It would fix a lot of things while introducing a lot of creative potential.

Pretty much this was my point. It's ******ed that SMITE is forcing the meta. I like few so called "troll" builds that are still viable. Not optimal, but viable. There is fine line between troll build and something being viable.

Like the game gets boring if you can't create your own stuff. Propably next certain gods are forced for certain lanes or something.

Just wanted to know if there is any change coming or if you can build whatever you want after ~10-20 levels, but looks like it's not going to change - Not soon anyways.

Sidenote: Yes I do come from LoL, but it's not like SMITE is a new game for me. I played it at the very beginning and came to see what's new and surprise: Limited item builds.

Joxuu

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }