Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Every update they release...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Every update they release... 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » January 16, 2014 3:29pm | Report
It seems like every single update they release for this game, it becomes twice as bad as it was before. First, they nerf Ares and remove Domination mode, then they don't do anything to balance Chaac at all, then they release Geb, who is EXTREMELY OP. To hell with this game. At this point, the only reason I'm here is for the anime discussion thread.
Click the sig below, you can get ultimate godpack, and gems for free. PM me if you need any help with the site.

Leon Porter

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » January 16, 2014 3:30pm | Report
Geb isn't that bad. He has no early game and is killed easily by mages. wut.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » January 16, 2014 3:32pm | Report

Geb isn't that bad. He has no early game and is killed easily by mages. wut.

You should have been in the round I was just in. Geb completely wrecked the entire team.
IMO, Hi-rez is putting updates out WAAAAAY too fast. They need to balance stuff before it's released.
Click the sig below, you can get ultimate godpack, and gems for free. PM me if you need any help with the site.

Leon Porter

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 16, 2014 3:40pm | Report
Geb is exceptionally strong in my opinion at this point, but is tied into lanes that are safe and can play the early levels boringly. He's got average mana values for a tank (They suck but they suck less), very decent damage, and the best CC in the game atm. The only thing, is both his roll and shockwave require either close damage or far damage, leading into a roll+shockwave combo that can wreck face, while being complicated to pull off. He's an absolute godsend for people like Artemis who have no escapes, as his CC lasts for days, but he's squishy early game until a Hide or Magi's or Ethereal or something with health and multiple protections is made, since his shield is bad early and he has low base protections.

However.

Get him items, and he'll DESTROY. Max shield and get CDR to start and you'll be fine. Breastplate of Valor sucks, as it doesn't give health, but 70 physical protection screws over the enemy ADC and the CDR gives shields repeatedly.

He's the best tank in the game atm, but is the most skill-dependent god I have seen in a very long time. And it's not just skill, it's logic...I'm going to see a lot of bad rolls and a lot of bad engages imo.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 17, 2014 12:41am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

He's the best tank in the game atm, but is the most skill-dependent god I have seen in a very long time. And it's not just skill, it's logic...I'm going to see a lot of bad rolls and a lot of bad engages imo.

This. I already can't count the times a Geb has saved me by knocking me far, far away.
(Likewise I've also been knocked into towers by certain people on this forum. >:()

Geb is a team oriented godlike god. He's a bit of a lackluster in solo queue because Geb is best utilized when matched up with a good team. His damage is okay, but it's disregardable when you compare it to Bacchus or Athena's damage potential. Geb shines due to his tank value, CC, shield, strong (although best if unseen) initiation potential.

But in solo queue (casual) people don't capitalize on his CC, Geb can't carry a game if his players are bad, however, if they are half decent, he can push them across the finish line. He's a proper tank - but he does need some nerfing, since his tank value compared to others is just too big at the moment.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 17, 2014 3:46am | Report
I don't even understand Geb's ultimate. I was testing it out in practice joust just to see if it really did take off 50% health at max, and was only hitting the bot Ra for maybe 400-500 damage at level 20. It seems to be effected by items and protections, rather than a flat 50% knock off.

Looked good on paper, terrible in reality.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » January 17, 2014 3:49am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

I don't even understand Geb's ultimate. I was testing it out in practice joust just to see if it really did take off 50% health at max, and was only hitting the bot Ra for maybe 400-500 damage at level 20. It seems to be effected by items and protections, rather than a flat 50% knock off.

Looked good on paper, terrible in reality.

Well that would be because he deals that 50% of max HP as magical damage, so it's mitigated by targets MR. Build him full Mpen and you will get the full 50%.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghenra » January 17, 2014 11:52am | Report
But I have a question, are planed a balance mega patch?

Ghenra

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Denzien » January 17, 2014 12:37pm | Report
Is anyone going to refer to the fact that the game is still in beta >.>

They're probably focussing on getting as much content into the game as possible atm, so balancing will be delayed, but it will happen eventually.

Denzien

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » January 17, 2014 1:06pm | Report
Denzien wrote:

Is anyone going to refer to the fact that the game is still in beta >.>

They're probably focussing on getting as much content into the game as possible atm, so balancing will be delayed, but it will happen eventually.

Is it just me, or shouldn't quality over quantity apply? You'd think, that if a game is in beta, one of the most crucial times for getting players, you'd want more quality in your content than quantity of your content

Leon Porter

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }