Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Domination is not Arena NO CAMPING ALLOWED

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Domination is not Arena NO CAMPING ALLOWED 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 15, 2013 8:50pm | Report
Tell me why I have to rage about this.
This is why I don't play domination because people play it like arena

#1 My team was winning and you know what happens when you start winning right?
Once you die you have to wait a HUGE respawn time which I think is bs because it makes the other team come back and tie it up or win.
- In domination once a team gets hold of a tower its VERY HARD to get them out of it when they are hugging it and you have no minions to go through, therefor that is #1 reason why domination is stupid because if your winning the re spawn time ALLOWS and give the other team a FREE gardian while your team is dead and yes that one guardian can take a BUNCH OF POINTS.

#2 I tower dived the SECOND HALF OF THE GAME WHEN WE WERE LOSING because SOMEONE HAD TOO.
- This annoys me, half the team thinks its team death match and is telling me not to tower dive BUT I HAVE TO do they think CAMPING WILL WIN US THE GAME????

It would be a different story if we were taking them out of their tower but the fact is when we CAN'T take them out of the tower there is only ONE option left.

Someone has to be the tower diver and I choose to since nobody else seemed willing to be the sacrifice.

But this is where its bad... It was all for nothing because half the time when I tower dive NOBODY ATTACKED!!!!
- so lets see
#1 they are winning because of cheap dom respawn timer allowing them to get towers back
#2 we have to now regain those towers back
#3 WE HAVE NO TANK willing to absorb damage
#4 Nobody is pushing hard enough to get in their tower meaning we can't get in because of minions
#5 Since we have no tank everyone is just doing long ranged attacks WHILE THEY ARE GETTING POINTS
#6 Since I see this I DECIDE I HAVE TO TOWER DIVE
#7 Since I tower dive MY TEAM SHOULD ATTACK THE TOWER OR KILL SOMEONE
#8 While I'm tower diving trying to take the tower I notice NOBODY IS ATTACKING
#9 this means that what I just did was a COMPLETE WASTE
#10 we are still losing points because we have no towers and the match is almost over
#11 NOBODY IS PUSHING HARD ENOUGH TO GET A TOWER STILL
#12 I have to keep tower diving in hopes we can get a tower other wise this will KEEP HAPPENING

END OF MATCH COMES
- 2 people on my team say Quit diving...????
- how am I suppose to quit diving when our team is losing, has no tank, we are not getting towers SO ITS THE ONLY SOLUTION
* I would rather dive and die in hopes of getting a tower than camp back and not take any towers at all and lose the match

- Then another guy says YOU WENT 2-13 and that really pissed me off because nubs think its arena.
Anytime a nub thinks you are suppose to go positive to win DOM I know they are true idiots.
This mean instead of worrying about towers the nub is more worried about his K/D and this is the very reason I don't play DOM because nubs want to camp and not risk death in order to get a tower and win.

QUESTION : If my team has NO TANK, If my team is not able to push towers, If my team is not getting towers for 2 minutes, if I am watching the other teams take our points down for 2 minutes without any towers lost WHAT CHOICE IS THERE?????????????????????????????????????????????????

This is why I don't play DOM
QUIT CAMPING AND TAKE THE TOWERS UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE **** YOUR STUPID KILL DEATH RATIO

- oh and my fav part of all is when I said I have the 2nd most TOWER DAMAGE in the game the nub on my team said but Muzen has more tower damage and I said

How do you think they did any tower damage at all? BECAUSE I ****ING DIVE THE TOWERS SO YOU CAN DO DAMAGE.

- they should be happy I even dived at all other wise our entire team would just be sitting back taking ******ed pot shots thinking they can out poke them to get a tower. SOrry thats not how DOM WORKS its not arena where you are worried about your kd.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 15, 2013 8:52pm | Report
Wow. I sense much anger in your, young padawan.

You're right. This isn't Arena. Which means your thirteen deaths fed the enemy like crazy, which was probably a huge factor in your loss. What god were you?

Honestly, it sounds like you were just recklessly charging in front of your team and dying repeatedly. If you were a tank or a god like Hercules, I would understand, but if you were someone like Ne Zha or He Bo, then you deserve what you get.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 15, 2013 9:02pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wow. I sense much anger in your, young padawan.

You're right. This isn't Arena. Which means your thirteen deaths fed the enemy like crazy, which was probably a huge factor in your loss. What god were you?
I was hebo :X
Yea I forgot I clicked on DOM I actually thought I was in arena thats why I chose hebo until I seen a nice dom match when the game loaded up I was like wow nice I am hebo.

I was playing with someone on this forum too I foget name though.
Anyways.

But listen, We had no tank literally NO TANK.
They had a ymir which was willing to take all the damage.
Oh btw how would my 2-13 make us lose? It only takes 13 tickets away compared to the towers that I GOT US.

Don't get me wrong my team helped get towers at the VERY START of the game but I am the soul reason why we got most of the towers late game and they can say what they want buts it due to my dives that they were able to do any damage at all to their team and the tower.

No seriously this is a dead serious question, if I am not tower diving what could be done?
nothing man nothing, I want you to understand why I did what I did, see this though my eyeballs for a second.

* We are now losing the second half of the game
* They have a tank which was ymir and he would go ballz deep in our face for his team
* My team had no tank and we were all squishy people besides thor
* nobody on my team was able to get in their tower after the second half of the game
* So in my eyes what I see is this
- We are losing points because they have 2 captured towers and this is going on for MINTUES
- Nobody on my team can get in to their towers because if they do the tower will attack team

SO FROM THIS POINT Isn't it safe to say that the only way for us to win is to have someone grow ballz and tower dive???

That is why I even died that much is because we had no way of getting in their tower so I decided I am not going to sit and watch them win the game I am going to try to actually win it.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 15, 2013 9:13pm | Report
Oh, you fool. It's freaking hilarious, watching you thrash and flail about.

Listen. Domination has a slower passive gold and XP gain than Arena. Combined with the longer respawn times, deaths and kills are of a tremendous importance. A few deaths or kills on either side will create a level and gold gap, which can ultimately contribute to a loss.

I will answer your query. You ask me what I would do, if my team was hanging back and defeat loomed overhead? I would push. He Bo has a long range attack that could hit the sand guardian. He Bo is also fairly decent at waveclearing. Since the Sand Guardian cannot regain health if the minions cannot pass, it will slowly lose health, until you can rally an attack. Alternatively, I would attempt to push another tower if the middle is impenetrable.

With a group effort, almost anything is possible. Yet you charged on regardless. Perhaps if you stopped acting like you were the protagonist of some thriller novel, you could've won.

You may not have had a tank, but I'm certain you'd had a bruiser or two. Bruisers can tank towers if they have to. You could've also talked to Mr. Bruiser into initiating.

These didn't take much thought. You need to quit making wild charges and stop seeing red.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 15, 2013 9:14pm | Report
Also I was trying to print out the match but for some reason it keeps saying I printed out a black screen?

Well basically in the stats it showed this
- I did double the amount of tower damage than everyone on my team besides the bee and I did double damage to towers than everyone on the other team besides loki.
So really if you look at it, the only reason they can out tower damage me is because they are physical and can do way more constant damage with crits where as mages obviously have cd's and their basic attacks are weak as hell with no crits.

So for a mage I did pretty much double the amount of tower damage then everyone in the game, yet they act as if I had no part in taking most the towers for our team?

- I did average player damage I would be in the mid of the damage compared to everyone else damage
- I took about the same damage as everyone else, thor on our team took the most damage
- Keep in mind I can't take much damage because I die quicker before I can even get on that type of level of damage then a more tanky god can like ymir ect.

Basically what I am trying to say is this
- I did double the tower damage as everyone else besides one guy on our team who did more tower damage

But this about this, what tower damage my team did was only because I dove, if I hadn't dove they would have WAY LESS DAMAGE

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 15, 2013 9:18pm | Report
You probably had very little gold and XP. Therefore, your charges started having progressively weaker effects.

Also, stop making excuses. You look an utter fool. Mages have a easier time damaging towers due to their longer range and burst damage. Ao Kuang deals massive damage to towers despite having pathetic basic attacks.

As a mage, if you waste your abilities on attacking a tower instead of wiping minions, you are being a terrible mage. As He Bo, you're supposed to support your team, kill enemy players, and wipe minions. He Bo cannot push towers. He will be shredded in seconds. If you honestly think that your suicidal charges helped take a tower, than you are deluded.

Now that ICEN's sophistry has been laid bare, I would like to ask anyone else what they would've done in this situation.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 15, 2013 9:20pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Oh, you fool. It's freaking hilarious, watching you thrash and flail about.

Listen. Domination has a slower passive gold and XP gain than Arena. Combined with the longer respawn times, deaths and kills are of a tremendous importance. A few deaths or kills on either side will create a level and gold gap, which can ultimately contribute to a loss.

I will answer your query. You ask me what I would do, if my team was hanging back and defeat loomed overhead? I would push. He Bo has a long range attack that could hit the sand guardian. He Bo is also fairly decent at waveclearing. Since the Sand Guardian cannot regain health if the minions cannot pass, it will slowly lose health, until you can rally an attack. Alternatively, I would attempt to push another tower if the middle is impenetrable.

With a group effort, almost anything is possible. Yet you charged on regardless. Perhaps if you stopped acting like you were the protagonist of some thriller novel, you could've won.

You may not have had a tank, but I'm certain you'd had a bruiser or two. Bruisers can tank towers if they have to. You could've also talked to Mr. Bruiser into initiating.

These didn't take much thought. You need to quit making wild charges and stop seeing red.

I thought that if I attack the tower that is does NO DAMAGE unless I am in the circle???
Anyways everything you said is flawed and won't work at all though, you still don't see it right.

You said to push the wave?
- this doesn't work, again you can push a wave all day long in DOM but the other team is going to clear your wave as well so if they clear your wave and you clear their wave guess what?
YOU STILL CAN'T ATTACK THEIR TOWER AND THEY WILL STILL WIN SO THAT ANSWERS YOUR IDEA WITH EASE

You said to attack another tower?
- I tried this, again the same principle applies here
AO KUANG can clear his wave easier than me and also once he clears the wave EVEN IF I clear his wave I still can't attack because of his clear.
YOU STILL CAN'T ATTACK THEIR TOWER MEANWHILE THEY ARE WINNING THAT ANSWERS YOUR IDEA

You said to work as a team???
- We tried this
The same principle applies here once again
We clear their waves and they clear ours, but the difference is they have a damn tower that does damage if we choose to fight so that means MY TEAM CAN NEVER GET IN THEIR TOWER
No matter how fast
No matter how strong
No matter how smart
No matter how good your clear is
THEY CAN NEVER GET IN THEIR TOWER WITHOUT TAKING DAMAGE
No matter how far they push up
No matter how close they get to the circle the other team will simple hug tower

THE ONLY WAY TO WIN IS TO TOWER DIVE ACCEPT IT

Now tell me how what I said is flawed because it isn't, if they push waves you CAN'T GET CLOSE TO THEM EVER.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 15, 2013 9:25pm | Report
I've played a bit of Domination. I know how the rules work. I'm no expert, but I know how to play the game. And I know that any mage who kills himself repeatedly to deal negligible damage to a tower has no idea what they are talking about.

I can anticipate your response. "Sub, I dealt far more tower damage than the rest of my team." Wait, that's not right. "SUBZERO I DEALT DOUBLE DAMAGE AND THE REST OF THE TEAM HAD NO BALLS AND WOULDNT MOVE SO I HAD NO CHOICE AND TOWER DIVED." That's better.

Towers regenerate. If you charge and die, and the enemy simply pushes 'til the minions reach the end of the road, the Sand Guardian will regain health. When you die, your team loses pushing power, and the enemy team will easily push the minion wave. Ergo, you accomplished nothing. Nothing.

I'll repeat that once again. The damage you may have inflicted was quickly countered by the Sand Guardian's regen. This is accomplished by pushing, which is far easier to do now that you've gone and killed yourself.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 15, 2013 9:27pm | Report
Subzero I will prove it to you right now, I will prove it to anyone on this game right now

I am on smite right now
I can go create a custom domination match to show you the cheapness

Its not about deaths/kills ect, its a fairly simple thing I want you to do.

You let me capture the middle tower okay to show you that its impossible for you to take it.
You then try to take my tower all game.

What does this prove?
This will prove that win I pick a god such as AO KUANG and I clear waves and you clear waves that no matter how much you push my wave you will never be able to take my tower.

Because if you go in you will die simple as that

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 15, 2013 9:29pm | Report
K, how would I contact you? Is ICEN your IGN?

Also, of course I wouldnt be able to outpush you when you're Ao Kuang. He's the best pusher in the game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }