Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

CTF in an MOBA Game?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » CTF in an MOBA Game? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 17, 2013 11:34pm | Report
If there is or isnt. I want to know. Is there a reason why there isnt or do they just don't want to put another gamemode in an MOBA. Well since smite has a point capture thing gamemode in. I say there should be a CTF game mode! Tell me why isnt there is or why is it a bad idea?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 18, 2013 12:02am | Report
It's a horrible idea because highly mobile tanks will run the game. Sobek, Bacchus, and Athena are impossible to catch OR kill if their sole goal is running with a flag. This also means that anyone without a solid way to kill or catch tanks are useless.

HiRez has explicitly expressed that viewpoint about CTF, and has confirmed the new mode in the making is not CTF.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 18, 2013 3:03am | Report
If Warsong Gulch in WoW taught me anything, it's that overly tanky or ridiculously mobile characters make capture the flag horribly unbalanced.

Raventhor already mentioned the tanks, but also imagine the characters with ridiculous escape ability like Fenrir, Loki, Apollo... It would be a balancing nightmare just to make these gods reasonable in such a gametype, and at the end of the day, it's probably best that HiRez doesn't consider a CTF mode.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NinjasWrath » August 18, 2013 3:12am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Raventhor already mentioned the tanks, but also imagine the characters with ridiculous escape ability like Fenrir, Loki, Apollo...

What about Chronos? *start of le game* Shoes lvl 3, *uses 2* -reaches flag- *uses ult* Which takes him half way back and can use 2 again for some extra speed.
Oh yeah he can also stun his enemy if his close to the flag.
IGN: NINJASWRATH.
Playing in Europe matches.

NinjasWrath

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » August 18, 2013 3:27am | Report
well if you had it like traditional ctf then the god with the flag shouldent be able to use skills or attack but tanks would still ruin it or just build a ton of movement speed

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 18, 2013 3:58am | Report
There are many ways to make the game more hard but fair for all classes of gods in a way that it really needs a team effort to bring the flag home. if instead items you carry have no effect when you carry the flag. So technically its not that op for tanks same goes for active skills you buy. And of course anyone who has your flag you can see them in map. Even if loki uses his 1 you would still see him on the map. And also. maybe a consumable that when used it stuns the guy carrying your flag for maybe like 5-10 seconds, to much I know but since items dont affect him any CC items wont work and you get a chance to get it back if his alone. IT may also have a colddown on when you can buy it next. And if there is a jungle. If you have the flag. you can't go through the jungle, only lanes. So that means your out in the open so you would need back up. You can use the jungle to sneak in the base. But not to sneak out the flag. Those who have that really annoying escape skills like appolo and thor's ulti. have that stun item ready and some blink and sprint ready.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shamu » August 18, 2013 4:41am | Report
loopyman wrote:

well if you had it like traditional ctf then the god with the flag shouldent be able to use skills

I would agree with this.
I played a different game which had a CTF mode, and the character with the flag lost a % of health when carrying the flag, so tanks got no benefit from carrying the flag instead of protecting their team.
Username: Shámu.
Currently playing: Athena and Chang'e.
Always accenting new friend requests for games!

Shamu

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }