Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chronos such wow, Rewind so amaze.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Chronos such wow, Rewind so amaze. 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Red XIII Phantom » September 28, 2015 2:47am | Report
So I have been focusing on using Chronos alot. I'm using a build I found here on smitefire and he totally wrecks, IMO anyways. My question for the pro players is, why do I not see alot of play out of him by more people especially in league? Am I focusing on the wrong God....is it worth it?

Red XIII Phantom

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 28, 2015 4:36am | Report
You can't really focus on a "wrong" god, as "good" and "bad" is dependent on the current meta : one god is really strong right now, maybe really bad after a couple updates (works both ways). However, you should probably try to master as many gods as possible to have many options when it comes to ranked games.

If you want to know how the gods are ranked right now, you should have a look on "tier lists". I strongly suggest Incon's tier list (here is the last one) because he explains WHY most of the time (and WHICH ROLE the god should be played at, which is really important).

For instance, Chronos is doing OK in the solo lane in the current meta. He has an amazing late game. Really. The problem with Chronos is that he'll have to face warriors with Bluestone Pendant in the solo lane (as soon the Indomitable spirit patch is released this week on Xbox) who will have strong early games. And that's a big problem as he might be dying way too often, which will not allow him to "shine" in the late game as you probably won't have a late game at all. Another problem with having a squishy god in the solo game is that you are strongly dependent on your support to be the first line in team fights. If your support does not behave as the first line, you might be focused a lot.

Another thing that explains why Chronos is not seen often is that he's not easy to play ; the timing on his second ability + the Rewind mechanism can be too difficult to handle for most players.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 28, 2015 4:51am | Report
He is also a good god for the adc role.

Also something else if a god is high on a tier list or a good counter. Then you shouldn't be blindly picking him with the mindset easy win because if you can't play the god the tier list or counter doesn't even work. So if you play chronos and someone counterpicks him but can't play it you can win as well. That's why all gods are pretty good normally. as long as you can play him well you can even fight high tier picks.

(also you planned on ranked learn 2 gods capable of every role)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 28, 2015 5:19am | Report
Yes, counter-picks matters a lot as well, but I didn't want to go too specific! :D
All goods have their utility (except maybe for Ravana :p) and can be picked. Low-tier gods are not necessarily "bad".

Here is the legend of the tiers, which is really important IMO.

SS

This tier comprised "god" tiered characters which have the innate ability to be placed onto any team, with any comp, and carry alone. Only a handful of gods have ever reached SS.

S+

Your quintessential top tiers, which will generally dictate meta stylings and composition. These gods are usually first pick / first ban material.

S

Slightly above the point balance, this pool of gods should comprise the team compositions for most competitive games. The ebb and flow of meta swing and flavors of the month may sway this slightly in favor of certain players' abilities and strengths.

A

The focal point of balance. These gods should see no changes, given their current abilities in competitive high level play. New players should flock to this pool, as their time invested will likely not be wasted due to nerfs, buffs or changes to the playstyle.

B

Still somewhat strong, but not competitively viable in all situations. Are generally a bit more difficult to place on a team than A or S tiered gods. High player skill with individuals in this pool is likely to still sway a match up in your favor, but there are generally better picks.

C

Weak, overall. The team composition generally will need to be built around a character in this pool to make them work properly. Unlikely to be found in competitive environments, unless the player is considered a master of a god.

D

Very low pick rate and or competitively non-viable even in the hands of masters.

To sum up, as 90% of the gods are at least B tier or above, almost all gods can be played in competitive games, but sometimes you have to build the team around those gods. For example, if you take Artemis or Ah Muzen Cab as the ADC, you probably need to have a support that will really protective with a lot of CC.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Red XIII Phantom » September 28, 2015 10:34am | Report
I'm soaking it all in. So I'm focusing on Chronos, Fenrir, and Khepri atm.

Red XIII Phantom

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }