Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

chronos movement speed ability NEEDS to be nerfed.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » chronos movement speed ability NEEDS to be nerfed. 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bsur » September 18, 2013 3:41pm | Report
i played HoN and i played Dota, but i havent seen a hero as ridiculous as chronos yet. the movement speed is utterly broken and has to be nerfed. when we are honest, taking away 80% movement speed from his spell wont make him a "bad" hero.

queueing up 1on1 three times in a row, and facing a different player on chronos every match speaks for itself.

Bsur

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 18, 2013 4:09pm | Report
No it doesn't. I have never faced Chronos solo and I don't meet him that much in conquest. If you met him three times in a row that's coincidence.

I'd also like to add that the movement speed from Accelerate is what defines Chronos, even more so than his ult. If you take it away you have taken away a lot of his appeal and would probably need to buff something else to compensate. His two damaging abilities alone are good, but likely not enough to stay relevant.

Also, in Smite they are gods, not heroes. Might want to learn that, as there are certain players in the community that will throw a huge fit over incorrect terminology.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 18, 2013 4:13pm | Report
Chronos needs his speed to survive. His Ult is basically the most useless Ult in the was of damage and very situational. All it does is reset him to how he was 8 seconds ago with his other 3 abilities off cooldown.

It is actually a very double edged sword Ult.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » September 19, 2013 2:23am | Report
Chronos's speed is out of control. If you build for it, you can get his speed up to 800ms. I'm sorry... that's dumb.

That said, I've found getting winged wand tends to shut him down to a great extent. If you move around a little faster then he can't stun you. And if he can't stun you he probably won't hit you with his nuke. Which menas all he has is the auto attacks. Which hurt.. a lot. And anyone that says chronos doesn't do a lot of damage isn't using those auto attacks. They're silly strong. And with a gem of binding... he's so strong. That said, get a winged wand and try to juke him.

He's pretty OP and/or just badly designed. All the auto attack mages are badly designed. It started with Freya who does silly damage and just got worse with other ideas. In any case... it is what it is... try the wand. I tend to survive his shenanigans better with it then with out.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 19, 2013 6:25am | Report
Karmashock wrote:

Chronos's speed is out of control. If you build for it, you can get his speed up to 800ms. I'm sorry... that's dumb.

That said, I've found getting winged wand tends to shut him down to a great extent. If you move around a little faster then he can't stun you. And if he can't stun you he probably won't hit you with his nuke. Which menas all he has is the auto attacks. Which hurt.. a lot. And anyone that says chronos doesn't do a lot of damage isn't using those auto attacks. They're silly strong. And with a gem of binding... he's so strong. That said, get a winged wand and try to juke him.

He's pretty OP and/or just badly designed. All the auto attack mages are badly designed. It started with Freya who does silly damage and just got worse with other ideas. In any case... it is what it is... try the wand. I tend to survive his shenanigans better with it then with out.

Chronos is made for auto attacks. That's why they hurt. If not then of course his skills would do better than his attacks. Just like Zues and Freya they only work with their basics and a little skill usage. Freya needs her 1 and 2 cus she's a mage/assassin. If not then she would have really different sets of skills instead and be called something else. That's the reason why her 2 is range with a slow.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » September 20, 2013 3:43am | Report
I think they need to nerf his basic attack damage instead , taking away his speed it's just as removing him from the game itself .He is squishy and his abilities are kind of hard to hit . Build your god speedy too and don't stay too close to him so that he may not stun you with his 3 and he won't stand a chance .If your god is fast too you will have plenty of time to avoid his 1 and 3 .

I build Chronos full speed whenever I play him in Arena , he's such a good troll against the enemy team , stunning a squishy enemy god for my team to get the kill or saving a fleeing team mate by stunning the chasing enemies feels good . Chronos without speed it's like there would be no Chronos in the game .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 20, 2013 4:49am | Report
Well... if you haven't really noticed. The times where you find his basic attacks REALLY hurt must be when they stopped it at IV. So ya. It doesn't really hurt that much if their 2 isn't timed right
So really he doesn't need a nurf since that skill isn't always on. You need to time your 2 right to make his attacks really matter. If "+Magic power on basic" was his only passive then of course he would need a nurf XD
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MichaelKittrell » October 8, 2013 3:23pm | Report
I'm level 11, new to smite, played LOL extensively. Chronos is the first and only God I've purchased. I pretty much lose mid every game, and my team routinely criticizes my play for the first 20 minutes. However... by the end of the game, I'm at least in the middle of my team in terms of damage done to players and K/A. I usually have taken the most damage as a player (thanks to the ult) as well which is a subtle but powerful statistic imo. I generally build Fatalis 1st and the slow on basic attacks 2nd, but I'm not very happy with my early game so I've been experimenting with boots and magic power first builds delaying fatalis to 2nd or 3rd.

Is he balanced, not sure. The ulty is powerful against disorganized players. You can initiate, bait skills and let your team collapse, then ult and rejoin the fight with all skills off cooldown. Or if you get someone to chase for 4 seconds, you joust, ulty back between them and their tower and clean up. It does seem unfair... but you do it to yourself.

He also seems hard to kill. Sure there is the ulty, but the speed boost on 2 + boots active is what generally saves my bacon with a stun on #3 occasionally helping. I die too often using just #2, but I am inexperienced and probably run late. I'm not sure he escapes better than neth with her root + backflip or anyone else really, but I find I die less playing Chronos which probably has something to do with my play style.

Getting back to the main point... I will say that with a 5 item build, including fatalis and slow on basic attack, I'm not scared of 1v1 a ranged AD and will often kill them... because of skill 2. Less success against jousting an AP. Not sure if thats because of the level of opponents I'm playing or my experience with FPS. If they get scared and run they are definitely dead because #3 stuns and its very easy to hit someone who is slowed and running down a lane. I have the most difficulty against an AD who has built life steal, get destroyed by an AP good at landing skills, and need help against anyone with lots of hps.

I don't know enough to say he's balanced or not... and in what format. His skillset clearly favors 1v1... so to say he is unbalanced in Joust 1v1 is plausible to me. In contrast, if you play Chronos, you might argue that AoKuang is unbalanced in Conquest because he ends team fights if he hits the right 2 people with his ult, let alone all 5.

MichaelKittrell

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 8, 2013 4:39pm | Report
Well you're in luck!
~patch notes
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Whobbe » October 10, 2013 4:22am | Report
Chronos is very weak at early game and boss in lategame. You need to gank him much and outplay him early game.

Whobbe

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }