Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Buying armor adding onto look

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Buying armor adding onto look 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KingRaider » April 11, 2014 12:45am | Report
I think it would be really cool if like a specific item will add something to your look like it would in real life.

Example: You buy Warrior's Tabi, and it does something special to your boots or something.

Knowing HiRez they would make you pay for something like this, but also make it look amazing.

KingRaider

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » April 11, 2014 5:48am | Report
Scylla with breastplate would look ****ing stupid.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » April 11, 2014 10:18am | Report
Shavul wrote:

Scylla with breastplate would look ****ing stupid.

Who said the equipment you buy has to be rendered the exact same way? Looking at OP's post, it sounds like he's suggesting the god's overall appearance improves in certain aspects based on the equipment he buys.

Lets use Ares as our example:
If you buy an item that appears to be chest armor (breastplate of valor, hide of the nemean lion), Ares' armor gets a graphical change such as spikes/blades/etc. If he gets a weapon upgrade, his mostly-basic looking sword becomes more sinister looking such as larger spikes along the blade or a fiery particle effect. Same with shield and boots. Items like rings, pendants, and amulets would show no changes because they'd be too small to see.

In your case with Scylla, her visual changes would most likely relate to improvements with her dress. It gains more decorative (or regal?) improvements when it involves armor. When it involves weapons, perhaps she obtains claws or her wolf-tentacles look more ferocious.

----

We can go a more simple way: Armor changes based on how much physical/magical protection you have while weapons change based on how much physical/magical power you have.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 11, 2014 10:21am | Report
Skins (recoloours) would be kind of useless then.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » April 11, 2014 11:33am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Skins (recoloours) would be kind of useless then.

Not really. If you make the changes minimal. Like for every 100 MP, the Mages get a small thing (bigger Robe, bigger Staff). So it doesn't change much, but still a nice update ;)

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » April 11, 2014 11:45am | Report
Vaeldyn wrote:

Not really. If you make the changes minimal. Like for every 100 MP, the Mages get a small thing (bigger Robe, bigger Staff). So it doesn't change much, but still a nice update ;)

I think he may be implying more extreme skins, such as Bakasura's death machine skin or Anubis' stargazer.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 11, 2014 11:49am | Report
Pizzarugi wrote:

I think he may be implying more extreme skins, such as Bakasura's death machine skin or Anubis' stargazer.

No I didn't :P
But now my first question is answered, what about the gem skins, like Pizza said?

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » April 11, 2014 11:53am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

No I didn't :P
But now my first question is answered, what about the gem skins, like Pizza said?

Either it won't happen to them or they will get similar upgrades in the skins style

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » April 11, 2014 12:58pm | Report
An armored Fenrir would just be.. amazing.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » April 12, 2014 2:41pm | Report
Do you know how much work they would have to do? Make tons of remodels for every god's skin... This would be so stupid.

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }