Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balance Problems?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balance Problems? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » January 3, 2014 3:01pm | Report
This is probably a subject touched on before on this website(too lazy to check all the threads :P ) but is it just me or does Neith's ult need balancing. "I mean that go through walls chasing you target down" thing is pretty OP. Imo maybe some characters that need help should have this ability or ult. Here is the list I came up with and why.

Odin/Thor- Well, in the myths Mjollnir and Gugnir were classified as "weapons that never missed its target" so wouldn't it make sense to have Thor/Odin throw their weapon and having it go through walls and hitting the god? Well I guess Thor is ok since his ability set is pretty promising, but imo Odin's ult needs remaking or replacing.

Zeus- I think it should be his 1 instead of his ult. Yes, I know frequent Zeus users heavily depend on his 1 to spread the charge for his 3, but then again his 1 (or at least of what I've experienced) has not been made to make damage and more to spread his charge (as mentioned above.) It would make sense since in the myths, Zeus has excellent marksmanship and in some myths he can aim for a target all the way across the world.

So this is kinda my list for now, because I don't also want all these extremely powerful characters running around with this ability, so please tell me what you think of this list. Do you think it could be improved or do some gods need to come and go?
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 3, 2014 3:21pm | Report
All global and semi-global ults in the game are extremely powerful, and Neith's is no exception. It's primarily used to set up ganks on other lanes though. If people are saving it to try and finish and secure kills, they're not getting the full use out of it.

I don't see an issue with it in the scope of the game though, it's probably the weakest of the global ults, and it offers significantly less than Apollo's ult when you compare hunters specifically.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » January 3, 2014 3:55pm | Report
weaker than XBs?

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 3, 2014 4:04pm | Report
Neith's ultimate is easy to counter. A smart support would make it near useless in duo lane, and Aegis/Beads solve it pretty handily.

Odin/Thor how the **** is this a balancing problem?

Think WHAT should be his one instead of his ult? Seriously, what the hell are you taking about? You might be saying that a lightning storm should be his one instead of his ultimate, but then you say stuff about aiming. WTF?

The only thing remotely about balance was the Neith topic. Everything else was about "should be like this because lore." Make another thread.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » January 3, 2014 4:21pm | Report
still, worse than xbs?

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 3, 2014 4:31pm | Report
I forgot about Xbal's ult. That one's probably worse than Neith's overall, but Neith's is really lackluster in solo queue conquest (compared to how powerful it should be on paper,) which is what most discussion is based around. There's very little coordination and communication, so you're basically stuck to ulting when someone says 'Attack/Gank X Lane,' and hoping they put it to good use. Otherwise you can try to use it when you think someone needs it, just to end up helping someone who was already out or targeting someone who was dead anyway. The simplest way to use it is to set up kills in your own lane where you control what's happening... but there are other ADCs with better ults for that.

Global ults don't reach their true potential until you have a coordinated team where they become overpowered. Still, they're all powerful at that point, so it's not a Neith issue.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » January 3, 2014 6:07pm | Report
Neith ult got a huge nerf when kills became worth less, now it would actually need a buff

if you hate it that much, aegis is your best friend from now on ;P
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }