Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Arachne's Web remake

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Arachne's Web remake 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Cleanfear » December 14, 2013 5:56am | Report
In this thread I would like to give a suggestion on a remake of Arachne's 3rd, her web skill.

Tangled Web

Arachne Spins an entangled web in the area around herself, slowing enemies in the radius while boosting the movement speed of her children. Arachne can use her skill again to pick up the web and place it elsewhere.

Ability: Ground Target
Affects: Enemy/Allies
Radius: 20ft arround you. (no longer ranged)

Slow: 20/25/30/35/40% (Slowing allies 10/15/20/25/30%)
Broodlings Movement Speed (while inside her web): +2/4/6/8/10%
Arachne's movement speed (while inside her web): +4/8/12/16/20%
Lifetime: Permanent
Max Placement: 1
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
Time to weave the web: 10/8/6/4/2 seconds. (Cannot be cancelled while weaving)
Time to recollect the web: 3 seconds. (Can be cancelled, will reset the timer when cancelled)

CD: Until picked up

Explanation:

Arachne is an assassin, an ambusher, with this remake the skill fits in with her skillsets. For example she can lay down her web and place spiderlings on top of them, then you can pull the enemy inside your web, just like real spiders.

It will enhance the difficulty of Arachne. Arachne is obsessed with weaving, once she starts she cant finish until her creation is completed. This means that once you start weaving your web you cannot do anything for the duration of the cast. If you do it while you are exposed the enemies get a free kill! This means you will have to stay unexposed.... like an assassin.

The web is permanent, but it uses all of Arachne's silk. This means that she cannot place an other web until she has recollected the silk used for the first web. This means that a poorly placed web in enemy territory will never hard recover rendering her entire ability useless until she find a way to recover it.

A huge backdraft is added to the skill, it will affect allies as well. This will further enhance the difficulty of Arachne. The web will stick to allies slowing them in the process. This means that poor placement will hinder your team. You cannot place the web in the middle of a lane without the risk of one of your own allies getting caught in it. It will also slow down your own minions... a bad placement of the web can really mess up your team.

Short overview to the changes:

The web is now permanent and gives extra movement speed to the broodlings and Arachne.
The web is no longer a ranged attack, it will be an AOE in a 20 ft radius arround Arachne.
The web has a long casting time which cannot be cancelled. Initially it will take 10 seconds dropping down to 2 seconds at level 5.
The web has a higher mana cost.
The web CD is removed, instead Arachne has to recollect her web in order to be able to place it again.
The web now affects enemy gods/minions and allied gods/minions

I'd like to hear what you guys think of this remake of Arachne's Tangled Web skill. Please leave as many comments on this thread, especially critisism. Please feel free to give suggestions on how this can be improved even further.

Greetings, Cleanfear

Cleanfear

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 14, 2013 2:08pm | Report
rofl 10 seconds. Assassins do stuff rather quickly and since you aren't gonna level her web first this would be the most horrible change ever.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 14, 2013 5:41pm | Report
Silv3rX wrote:

rofl 10 seconds. Assassins do stuff rather quickly and since you aren't gonna level her web first this would be the most horrible change ever.

What he said.

I'd just give it a cripple. Bam, it is still relevant and useful.

Although, I like the idea of it giving Arachne speed. Just remove the slowing of allies, because that is stupid.

Also, I think both speed and cripple would be overpowered.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by noctuum » December 15, 2013 1:51am | Report
Quoted:
What he said.

I'd just give it a cripple. Bam, it is still relevant and useful.

Although, I like the idea of it giving Arachne speed. Just remove the slowing of allies, because that is stupid.

Also, I think both speed and cripple would be overpowered.

Wait so are you saying you would have archne's web should be just a cripple? honestly any ability that only cripples is barely worth using IMO. It would be ok in teamfights, but without a slow, they can quickly step out of it and escape. Not saying it would be usless, just really underpowered.

I think they should get rid of the web all together, and give her a steroid like a movement/attack speed buff for like 3-4 seconds, or maybe a skill that shoots web out in front of her in a cone, slowing targets for like 25% for a few seconds. idk just some of my own ideas.
Exclamatory! I'm so Adjective I Verb Nouns Adverbly.

IGN: BonyCrow
Add Me.

noctuum

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 15, 2013 5:48am | Report
I think this rework would definitely be unique, potentially one of the only skills that has to be more carefully considered as it can limit your team [similar to Ymir's wall I suppose.] Plus points for a unique idea!

However this seems to be both super powerful and weak as heck simultaneously. The casting time would slow arachne's early game [which is all she really has going for her] unless she invested mostly into the web. If she did, she has a permanent 20 ft radius slow debuff + speed buff.

What would make or break this is how fast arachne can move WHILE DRAGGING this web with her, and where the web is positioned. [I.E. Nu Wa is always at the front of her fog when moving.] If she can move at the same speed while dragging it or faster, there wouldn't be a reason to ever unweave the web, meaning you'd only face the long CD once and perhaps again on each death. If she gets slower while dragging it, she'd be laying a trap basically [which is pretty cool and fits into Arachne well] but the issue is that the trap is neigh on impossible to escape, regardless of the skill level of the enemy caught.

Perhaps making the area of effect larger with level, up to a maximum of 20 ft at rank 5, would give her a more potent late game without making her even more of a monster in the early game. It also remains relevant throughout as an additional buffer to the hatchling > cocoon through wall combo.

noctuum wrote:

maybe a skill that shoots web out in front of her in a cone, slowing targets for like 25% for a few seconds. idk just some of my own ideas.

This idea isn't bad honestly. A projectile slow that still fits the theme. ^^ It's pretty similar to her skill already though.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }