Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ao kuang..

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » ao kuang.. 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by firedrop » October 31, 2012 6:55pm | Report
seems like a pretty terrible god. im undefeated with every god but him, i have a 33% winrate with him. his tornado you just walk out of, he's easily ganked, his 1's scaling is very poor, and his ult has like a 3 second delay and is easy to dodge if you're facing him. what's his role in a team, to stop pushes? why not just pick ra who seems to fill his role 10x better?

firedrop

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 31, 2012 7:42pm | Report
Seems like you are just using him wrong and building him wrong.
Landing a 1 can hit for around 500 and a slow, force them to be in your tornadoes and your ult is just like ra, easy to dodge and take a second to charge.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » October 31, 2012 11:46pm | Report
I rush gem of isolation with ao kuang so they can't just "walk out of your tornado". This is key. And don't forget, your tornado stays with them for a few seconds after they walk out of it. Add some good damage stacks to that and Ao Kuang can be deadly.

Fully stacked doom orb, plus gem of isolation and nobody is walking out of that tornado.

Not to mention that ulti has a much wider range of effect than Ra's. Its perfect as range artillery. You see a cluttered engagement from a distance and launch it, you're going to kill or critically damage at least someone.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 1, 2012 1:09am | Report
^^^

Play style comes into this but I dont like to rush the gem of iso so early. I like to rush that Rod of Thauti first. That with Spear early game wins you the lane push and if you place tornadoes correctly you either zone them or hurt them pretty bad.

AK does have a major flaw Ill give you that tho, his early game is AMAZING....but he falls off mid game REALLY hard and he is really squishy with a really ****ty escape. Semi mana dependant but he takes some thinking and some set up to be effective. He isnt a 1v1 god by any means, he can dominate mid lane, and then at the end get many ***its and those are very good as well. Sure there are times where you get and AK just turns into a powerhouse but normally not.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nyth » November 4, 2012 2:03pm | Report
firedrop wrote:

seems like a pretty terrible god. im undefeated with every god but him, i have a 33% winrate with him. his tornado you just walk out of, he's easily ganked, his 1's scaling is very poor, and his ult has like a 3 second delay and is easy to dodge if you're facing him. what's his role in a team, to stop pushes? why not just pick ra who seems to fill his role 10x better?

The tornado is easy to walk out of, but the fun thing is that there is some serious unexpected hurt hidden in the DoT that remains. I lost track of how many times I've gotten a kill on a player that tried to make a run for it, only to die due to a few tornado ticks. It is one of the harder hitting abilities out there, but people underestimate it due to the DoT effect.

His ult is really easy to miss indeed, but it also hits extremely hard and unlike Ra's it's instant cast. One of the best uses with it is actually defensively, when I'm getting chased, I try to make it to the jungle and then cast my ulti. The 3 seconds it takes for the dragon to get there is enough for the pursuer to get inside the effect, and dodging it in the jungle lanes is a lot tougher. Often they don't even see it coming.

Still though Ao Kuang has a lot of weaknesses, and his lack of a solid escape means that positioning is extremely important. He's a great lane pusher though, and in the mid to late game his tornado is an excellent tool for zoning.

Nyth

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }