Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anyone else bothered by Neith's ultimate?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anyone else bothered by Neith's ultimate? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LikitySplit » March 8, 2013 10:03pm | Report
Neith's ultimate... shouldn't go through the map... anything u wanna say about it, say it here

VEG

LikitySplit

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 8, 2013 10:06pm | Report
Well, some tanks do help body block the injured Ally while they return to base near a tower. But the thing I dislike is that not all do, and most don't know what does bodyblocking mean.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LikitySplit » March 8, 2013 10:09pm | Report
I totally agree. I end up having to teach them how to body block XD

VEG

LikitySplit

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 8, 2013 10:11pm | Report
Lol. Nice, also I found out aegis helps because some neiths can't tell that I am activating it.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LikitySplit » March 8, 2013 10:13pm | Report
I know, but that kinda just takes away from the build i use, meditate and creeping curse

VEG

LikitySplit

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 9, 2013 1:37am | Report
I do know how to body block as a tank but there isn't always a tank derping around, I have had that the enemy team didn't even have a tank (major fault)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmiteBadger » March 14, 2013 12:21pm | Report
IMHO Neith's ult is one of the worst in the game. Come on, you have such amazing ults and this one does very little damage, you have to find someone that's worth hitting that's within site, AND it can be blocked by smart/good players. The game is balanced for good players that understand body blocking, etc. If you're on a team with someone that doesn't know how to body block, chances are you'll lose if the other team all knows how. I really don't think her ult should be able to be body blocked...

LikitySplit wrote:

I know, but that kinda just takes away from the build i use, meditate and creeping curse

So how about Ares? Do you "keep your build" with him?

SmiteBadger

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 14, 2013 6:29pm | Report
I find a lot of players tend to overexaggerate the Neith ultimate, much the same way people did with Karthus in LoL (whose ult was far more cheesy). Nobody likes dying in a situation where they would've otherwise been perfectly safe.

Yes, there is no avoiding it once the enemy Neith has locked on to you, but there are ways to avoid being instagibbed by it.
- Aegis Amulet is the most obvious counter, though having Purification Beads can prevent the stun (but not the damage) if she's using it to set up a gank.
-Building some physical defense does wonders to greatly reduce the impact of her ultimate.
-Gods with heals can usually heal enough HP to survive the hit if they're weakened.
-As menioned earlier, there is bodyblocking. Fun fact, Loki]s Decoy can be also used to take the hit!
-Neith's ultimate relies on vision range. If her team can't see you, she can't ult you. If Xbalanque uses Darkest of Nights, she will lose all vision of anyone distant from her.

It's only the scrubs and inexperienced players who hate the ultimate simply because they aren't smart enough to think of ways to counterplay, and instead insist it is broken. Against any competent team, they are going to prepare for Neith, and they will be much less likely to die to the ultimate. Furthermore, the ultimate has almost no use in a full-on teamfight compared to say, Darkest of Nights or Fields Of Love used by other ranged gods.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmiteBadger » March 15, 2013 7:17am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Fun fact, Loki]s Decoy can be also used to take the hit!

Awesome, I love playing loki but I've never had that come up. I'll be aware of it and hopefully use this the next time.

Another random fun fact, Loki can target an ult on Decoy so if you're in arena vs another Loki, throw your Decoy on ultworthy teammates, sometimes it'll take a big ult.

SmiteBadger

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LaserAddict » March 26, 2013 2:15am | Report
Complete newb here. The only times I've seen Neith kill somebody with her Ultimate so far, have been people that nailing ANY not joke damage skill on the target (say, Flame wave instead of Noxious Fumes. Yes I've been learning the Game with Agni, why do you ask?). Just a target that is normally too far away to do anything about.

I suspect that better players with more experience would have a better feel for how much damage they can deal compared and eyeballing enemy health bars, to get the most out of using it the second somebody hits that danger zone. But so far, I think all the anger is because f the shock value when somebody all relived that "I made it to safety!" is suddenly finished off.

I know that I sure as hell was surprised the first time I thought I made it out of a 3 vs 1 gank with 30 health left, and then got shot in the ***.

EDIT: Also, does Ra's Ult go through scenery? I want to be sure it's not my imagination cause a Ra I ran into kept running into the jungle then firing it at me either through the walls, or angled to just miss the entry. That and I found out hiding behind a tower doesn't hide you from Searing Pain the hard way.

LaserAddict

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }