Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

any way to lock your line of sight while playing?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » any way to lock your line of sight while playing? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by skypaladin05 » September 2, 2013 2:48pm | Report
targeting is a huge pain sometimes when your line of sight looks towards the sky when you target further away... does anyone have a way to lock your view at just the level of the ground regardless of how far you target? like a vertical screen lock?

skypaladin05

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 2, 2013 3:10pm | Report
When you look towards the sky, how far you target... I really don't know what any of that means. You should clarify this.

As for locking your view, I don't think you can. I haven't tried, really. It would help if you could clarify what the problem is, because I don't quite get it and I'm usually good at understanding these kinds of things...

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blissey1 » September 2, 2013 3:19pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

When you look towards the sky, how far you target... I really don't know what any of that means. You should clarify this.

As for locking your view, I don't think you can. I haven't tried, really. It would help if you could clarify what the problem is, because I don't quite get it and I'm usually good at understanding these kinds of things...

when aiming targeted aoe effects, you move it closer or farther away from you by panning the camera up and down.

Blissey1

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 2, 2013 3:21pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

What he's saying is you have to move your mouse up in order to place your abilities further away from your god, which makes the camera look up in the sky. What he asked for is to lock it so that it'll keep looking straight instead of going up while moving it further away. I think.

But you really don't have to aim it so that you're watching the sky to reach the maximum length. Just went into practice mode and tried it with Ao Kuang and when I reach 90 degrees I reach my maximum length with my tornadoes.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 2, 2013 3:27pm | Report
Oh... eeew. That would be so limiting. What if you have that lock, and you can't reach an enemy with your ability?

I imagine that you're a relatively new player, so I suggest that you just learn to hit your abilities from any distance. That is an extremely important part of learning the game and of learning the God in general. Locking your line of sight will most likely impair your overall gameplay performance.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 2, 2013 6:49pm | Report
locking would be so cheating, wow im so good i can just press the right click and always hit you.

WOrst idea ever thought of

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 2, 2013 7:03pm | Report
Not that kind of locking. They meant locking the line of sight so that when you aim your abilities it stays in one, unmovable place.

You took it as auto-aim enemies.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Emnity » September 3, 2013 1:04am | Report
Am I the only one that understood this guy ? The rest of you are like machines with no thought. He is asking about the same old problem that has been discussed many times in the past. Like... that is near impossible to properly aim a long range skill like... Chronos' 1 or something like it if there are like minions infront or some other clusterfOk like team fights. You pan up and all you are looking at is your god's *** and haircut and the rest is imagination. We are used to it I guess but the problem still exists. I mostly hate it when I play Chronos and Agni.

Emnity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 3, 2013 3:34am | Report
Haha. You guys are Machines! (Btw I understood what he meant)
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 3, 2013 4:29am | Report
Something stupid like that happens when I pick hercules, I use my 1 on the camps in conquest which traps me between the wall and the creeps and it pisses me off because you can't get out until you kill a creep and the camera angle is fd up.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }