Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Advice Please!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Advice Please! 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dantebeetus » December 23, 2015 11:25pm | Report
I notice that I've been having problems fighting Ah Puch and Vulcan. I play on Xbox and have a few hundred hours on the game. Are there any particular Gods that are good counters against mages like them?

Dantebeetus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 24, 2015 12:04am | Report
They're both very immobile gods that have strong laning phases. Because of their lack of mobility though, that can make them pretty easy targets for both junglers and certain mages. Eset can guarantee that they won't get out of range of her Wing Gust and her wave clear can easily compete with either of them. Poseidon and Agni both have ultimates that can more or less guaranteed hit these targets due to their lack of mobility. Between the two, Poseidon has more waveclear and ultimate potential, but lacks an escape to get away from either of their ults. Agni's waveclear and ultimate take more getting used to, but I would think that once mastered he would probably be your best bet.

Regardless, neither Vulcan or Ah Puch are extremely strong against any one matchup, it may just benefit you more to learn their strengths and weaknesses if you're having trouble against them. Try playing some games as them to learn where they excel and where they are vulnerable, knowing thy enemy is the first step towards victory.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dantebeetus » December 24, 2015 10:29am | Report
Zilby wrote:

They're both very immobile gods that have strong laning phases. Because of their lack of mobility though, that can make them pretty easy targets for both junglers and certain mages. Eset can guarantee that they won't get out of range of her Wing Gust and her wave clear can easily compete with either of them. Poseidon and Agni both have ultimates that can more or less guaranteed hit these targets due to their lack of mobility. Between the two, Poseidon has more waveclear and ultimate potential, but lacks an escape to get away from either of their ults. Agni's waveclear and ultimate take more getting used to, but I would think that once mastered he would probably be your best bet.

Regardless, neither Vulcan or Ah Puch are extremely strong against any one matchup, it may just benefit you more to learn their strengths and weaknesses if you're having trouble against them. Try playing some games as them to learn where they excel and where they are vulnerable, knowing thy enemy is the first step towards victory.

I noticed that most of the time, I am facing off against these two mages when their team is around. I was talking to a friend who plays Ah Puch and he told me once you get close to Ah Puch, he can't hold his ground well. I believe I just need to work more on being a team player and only jump in for a kill when the opportunity comes. I mainly play physical gods, but I actually really enjoy playing Isis.

Dantebeetus

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }