Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

a question about rank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » a question about rank 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Saladin82 » February 8, 2016 4:45am | Report
Hi all,

im new in this forum and i have a question, i think here a are the people who can help me ;)

i have played now 4 matches in qualifing (ranked) so i am still in the qualification, but i can see on my profil a rank with a number.

so what is this meaning? is this my rank?

Sorry for my bad english ;) and thanks for reading.

regards
Saladin82

Saladin82

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 8, 2016 9:02am | Report
No, after qualifiers/10 matches you'll get your rank. I would suggest waiting a month or two before you do ranked because currently even if you win 10/10 of your matches the most you'll get in Bronze III. I won 8/10 of my matches & even went 30-3 once.. Got Bronze IV sadly enough. Asked some people what was going on & they said I couldn't go up because I didn't fight anyone that was higher than Bronze IV apparently. So, give it a while before ya do ranked & you'll be matched up with Silver/Gold players & possibly have a better chance.

Z's Daily Message - Not the Bees

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 8, 2016 11:20am | Report
Most higher Elo peeps are smart enough to not jump into ranked immediately but run some normals first to experiment with new items etc.

And most in really high rank don't need to fear as previous Elo (and the Elo resetting) doesn't hit them as hard. (especially if you were plat/diamond or higher as gold/plat was is the highest you get after qualifiers).

(also Zelvios going 50-0-150 doesn't matter as the game only cares about a Titan dying)

The thing you see in your profile is most likely:
-qualifying shield with amount of games played (I guess this one)
-previous rank

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 8, 2016 1:34pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Most higher Elo peeps are smart enough to not jump into ranked immediately but run some normals first to experiment with new items etc.

And most in really high rank don't need to fear as previous Elo (and the Elo resetting) doesn't hit them as hard. (especially if you were plat/diamond or higher as gold/plat was is the highest you get after qualifiers).

(also Zelvios going 50-0-150 doesn't matter as the game only cares about a Titan dying)

The thing you see in your profile is most likely:
-qualifying shield with amount of games played (I guess this one)
-previous rank

Smite doesn't use Elo; it uses the True Skill system.

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 9, 2016 11:01am | Report
Elo system (LoL one) is pretty much the same and the MMR system (dota) also to a bit

MMR system is the most different as it gives every person on the winning team the same amount (and the losers lose the same amount) values are calculated with average MMR in mind (however most of the time it's between 10-30 mmr as mmr goes pretty high in dota)

Elo system (LoL one) is pretty much based on the True skill system as well as after a while the gained elo gets lower too and climbing gets harder (most notable in ranked as you can see your LP/TP there).

I'm actually pretty sure Smite's and LoL system are pretty much the same in that aspect.

I don't know if in either LoL or Smite they use KDA LoL keeps it pretty much secret and Smite didn't mention KDA etc in their Matchmaking FAQ. However if they did it's actually really bad for support peeps. So I hope they better didn't use it or it doesn't weight to heavy (also makes KSing a thing).

Also before I forget (and this is probably why you brought up the TSs) in most cases people say Elo or MMR they mean the (hidden) number attached to your profile. They are both a different name for the same thing. Only most people use Elo for smite for some reason instead of MMR.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 9, 2016 8:15pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Elo system (LoL one) is pretty much the same and the MMR system (dota) also to a bit

MMR system is the most different as it gives every person on the winning team the same amount (and the losers lose the same amount) values are calculated with average MMR in mind (however most of the time it's between 10-30 mmr as mmr goes pretty high in dota)

Elo system (LoL one) is pretty much based on the True skill system as well as after a while the gained elo gets lower too and climbing gets harder (most notable in ranked as you can see your LP/TP there).

I'm actually pretty sure Smite's and LoL system are pretty much the same in that aspect.

I don't know if in either LoL or Smite they use KDA LoL keeps it pretty much secret and Smite didn't mention KDA etc in their Matchmaking FAQ. However if they did it's actually really bad for support peeps. So I hope they better didn't use it or it doesn't weight to heavy (also makes KSing a thing).

Also before I forget (and this is probably why you brought up the TSs) in most cases people say Elo or MMR they mean the (hidden) number attached to your profile. They are both a different name for the same thing. Only most people use Elo for smite for some reason instead of MMR.

The difference is that the True Skill system also bases it on your in-game stats & performance as well. It's similar although it isn't exactly the same; http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/details.aspx

Edit: I personally like the Elo system better because there's flaws in the True Skill system.. The carry will obviously do better than the support overall most of the time.

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 10, 2016 2:01pm | Report
Don't forget it's an edited version. most of microsoft games are shooters. I suspect they do look at outcomes but not too much probably (or maybe not at all). the smite FAQ thingy doesn't mention it at all

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Saladin82 » February 25, 2016 2:32am | Report
thx for the answers and the help, i have now my rank and my league ;)

Saladin82

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }