Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Support General Build Guide

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Support General Build Guide 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » August 28, 2014 10:50am | Report
How to build out a Guardian for Support Role in Duo Lane

So you want to play support? Good luck!

That being said, let’s delve deep into the heart of the items you’ll need. The most common mistake in ranked play is for a support to forgo Watcher’s Gift and Midas Boots. These items are necessary in any competitive play. If you play in casual, you can certainly opt for tankier items or higher damage items. Watcher’s Gift and Midas Boots will always be better in mid to late game play by a support however. When using Watcher’s Gift, it is vitally important that you let your adc or other teammates get the final hit on all minions. When getting Midas Boots it is important to realise that you are not particularly tanky yet. Early support play is more about juking and threatening your opponents with CC until they provide you the opening to attack. I’ll go more into support strategy in another post, but some mention of it here was necessary to point out why you want Watcher’s Gift and Midas Boots.

I want to note, that as support, your damage isn’t really important, your ability to ....

Read more at: Smite: Hubris of the Gods

....and come back here to give feedback and discuss!

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 28, 2014 11:40am | Report
well looks like a good guide.

but I don't get the choice of magi's over the choice of urchin as 4th item (so you have boots-sov (breastplate is possible but sov is better)-gaia/bulwark-urchin etc. you don't really need the cc immunity more then protections unless you are not a guardian.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » August 29, 2014 11:36am | Report
I think keeping control of your character is paramount to staying alive. The bubble from Magis Blessing is amazing, but really you want it for the 40% reduction in CC time. If for some reason the enemy team all turn on you in a team fight, you will still die if you can't get away or juke properly.

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 30, 2014 11:23am | Report
JaeSunV wrote:

I think keeping control of your character is paramount to staying alive. The bubble from Magis Blessing is amazing, but really you want it for the 40% reduction in CC time. If for some reason the enemy team all turn on you in a team fight, you will still die if you can't get away or juke properly.

well the support role is too keep others alive. especially the tank support (and in smite you only have the tank support or a healer). So If the enemy team will turn on you and waste all their abilities on you .

1st their focus is kinda wrong focus because it leaves them with no power temporary and this is only harm when your team is losing the team fight.

2nd they don't have abilities anymore and your team has and if they use it on the right people it would only leave their tank standing or would need them to retreat.

in the time window they only have a adc to deal most of their damage while you still have a mage (and theirs has cooldown) adc and your assassin (same reason mage).

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » September 2, 2014 1:04pm | Report
Oh yeah, you certainly want them to waste their abilities on you. And if you are doing your job right they will, and when they do, you'll want control of your character as soon as possible. Try going with Magi's Blessing in a game that has 3 or more high cc characters (Athena, Mercury, Agni combo comes to mind) and you will notice the difference.

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 3, 2014 8:24am | Report
JaeSunV wrote:

Oh yeah, you certainly want them to waste their abilities on you. And if you are doing your job right they will, and when they do, you'll want control of your character as soon as possible. Try going with Magi's Blessing in a game that has 3 or more high cc characters (Athena, Mercury, Agni combo comes to mind) and you will notice the difference.

also depends on what sort of tank. magi's can come in great if your a cc tank (ymir) so you can bring some cc of but on a other tank (example Ares) you can better take the protections because you don's have much to offer but some minor damage.

(also in my opinion is serqet's taunt even higher then Athena's one (*at least it feels this way because her cc is just you ending up dead and Athena isn't)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }