Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Talk New Voting System

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Let's Talk New Voting System 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 5, 2014 9:45pm | Report
So if you haven't noticed, the new voting system on Smite Fire has been changed a little bit.
Instead of getting a yellow bar for the first vote no matter which it was, up or down, you can get 1 red bar if it's a downvote and full green bars if it was an upvote. And that's for 1 vote.

I don't know what's the algorithm, but it seems a little bit... odd. As of now, the top rated guide on the site is that Nemesis one. And I'm not sure that How to Handle Hel or Ao Kuang - You'll Never Break My Wind should be rated below it. It seems weird and I'm not sure what was the previous system to ranking guides and the current one.

I would say this though, I think that the new system is too extreme. 1 downvote and it's a red bar, 1 upvote and it's full green bars. And there are some guides for magical guan yu with 4 votes that are rated higher than a guide on a physical guan yu with clearly more upvotes. I'm not sure what happened, and if the new system is about the ratio between upvotes and downvotes, but I think it's broken.

P.S (1) - For some reason, from the general 'god guides' page, you don't see updated info. I mean, there are guides which look at, and see 3 comments and then enter the guide and see that there are 5 comments. It's seems to have quite a long delay.
(2) - I think it's also time to put more emphasis on what I've said before - We need something to better differentiate the voting buttons. I myself misclicked and therefore misvoted a lot of guides. The upvote button and the downvote button are way to close to each other and they are too small. We need to get bigger buttons and maybe an "are you sure?" message after voting.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 6, 2014 3:19am | Report
Woops... wrong discussion. Can someone delete it please?

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 6, 2014 3:46am | Report
I agree. Actually, I think it's a bug. Something is wrong with the voting algorithm, because there is no way this was intentional.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by darks352 » March 28, 2014 5:55pm | Report
That Nemesis one... I feel the love :P (creator of "that nemesis one")

Though I agree the red and full green is weird and 100 upvotes should probably be higher rated then mine.

darks352

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }