Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ADC general build guide

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » ADC general build guide 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » August 25, 2014 6:11pm | Report
I'll just put this here:

How to build out for an ADC (Attack Damage Carry) hunter in Duo (long) lane.

This guide is meant to be an all around guide for advanced or novice hunters. I'll discuss the builds the pro's are currently using and then move on to builds that have some more defense for those that might be starting out and need a little more time to react.

So where do we start, well, let's start with your first 1500 gold. Pick up Death's Toll and either 1st tier Devourer's Gauntlet or 1st tier Heartseeker. That last 50 gold can be used for a green pot (common), a blue pot (common on Ullr) or a ward (if you see that your support hasn't picked any up). "Choices so soon?" you say, "Just tell me what to build!" you say.....

Read more at Smite: Hubris of the Gods

I welcome any constructive feedback here or on the site....Thanks!

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 26, 2014 1:18am | Report
uhm Vampiric Shroud on a hunter? didn't you mean Death's Toll because vampiric is for mages.

Also I find it more common to see the first as single stacking build (most of the time going for t2 dev from start.)

but the second one looks like the double stacking. this one is build different most of the time going toll-hs-dev-boots-rage-db-exo

Also sometimes you see a Malice instead of a rage (depends mostly on some gods and player preferences)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » August 26, 2014 11:15am | Report
Doh! I should have someone look this over besides me. Made the change to Death's Toll. I wrote this on the fly pretty much from memory, so I didn't have the items in front of me.

As far as skipping the death toll, I haven't seen that since the 2nd week after the nerf to the cost of devo gloves. The Devo Rush works but you are really weak in lane at first and you have to back after the 2nd or 3rd wave which can potentially put you behind in farm. Most of the pro's i've seen play in NA don't bother with this any longer, going instead for the early damage.

toll-hs-dev-boots-rage-db-exo is certainly viable, but the lack of early lifesteal can put you behind in lane. I think if you play 3 games with any of the top 4 hunters (Apollo, Artemis, Ullr, Neith) with this build and then swap to the 2nd build I listed you will "feel" the difference, especially early (pre-level 9)

Also, the devo-boots-hs allows you to not get the 3rd tier of the boots and instead wait until you get 2k gold for the hs to back. This will get you your full 18% speed as well as hs 1000 gold early, and then get another 8% speed when you finish your boots.

Thanks for the feedback!

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 26, 2014 11:32am | Report
hadn't thought of that. still I myself now I'm thinking about it don't see a lot of starter items on most players (casual is what I play). Only on support and jungle you see them fast but most mages and solo's start with getting boots and the adc sometimes too (or the dev t2 rush. I use that one too and then go back earlier (after my buf ad blue pots are gone) anf finish it then starting on my next item.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » August 26, 2014 12:53pm | Report
I don't play a lot of casual, but it doesn't surprise me that people would skip starters. Casuals will jump from mode to mode not realizing the nuances to the builds for each game type. Also, in casual, even in Conquest most folks are looking for high kda with less emphasis on map control.

It still amazes just how different playing ranked is from casual queue.

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 26, 2014 1:26pm | Report
JaeSunV wrote:

I don't play a lot of casual, but it doesn't surprise me that people would skip starters. Casuals will jump from mode to mode not realizing the nuances to the builds for each game type. Also, in casual, even in Conquest most folks are looking for high kda with less emphasis on map control.

It still amazes just how different playing ranked is from casual queue.

and to think some people think they are playing rank (or they at least act like that)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }