Vote received! Would you like to let the author know their guide helped you and leave them a message?
Welp... since my last update, crit is too meta right now, so time to push it through. You definitely want to get the killing blow on your target, not just for the added attack speed, but for the mana return since you will burn mana early on Danza.
At max, you have a 70% chance to crit. Not perfect, but still in your favor unless RNG hates you. Exe plus wind demon should help break through those protections while the crit itself should destroy squishy targets. Bear in mind, you do not have any cooldown, so the bulk of your damage will come from autos. Use your abilities as setup for you to aim, as a stun and a taunt can put your target where you need them to be, while your intoxicate can help on the 1 on 1 box. Qin's is the boot replacement as tanks usually build alot of health that takes a while to chunk down.
You are going to want to level your 1 first as it is your main wave clear as well as leveling it let's your intoxicate last longer. After that, level your taunt for the reduced cooldowns and the extra basic attacks needed to break it. Then finally your 3 to get that extra movement speed inside your field so you can move and weave while boxing. Level your rocket when you are allowed to. Order is 1,4,2,3
Tap each threat level to view Danzaburou’s threats
- Danza is an "all in" hunter, as the most optimal way to use Danza is to go in on your enemies. If you play Danza like other hunters and just sit back shooting autos, you don't get to use his abilities to their fullest potential. Once you get to Mid-Game, you should be all in on whoever tries to fight you. Get in there with the rocket, get those taunts out, hit those intoxicates, and box your way to victory.
- Your taunt gets harder to hit when boots/shoes come online. Aim your taunts on where the enemy is walking to, not on top of them. If you put it on top, they will get out before the third tick.
- 90% of the time you use your ult, you should be using the form where you control the rocket. Only use the heat seeking rocket for 2 reasons, either if going into the rocket will put yourself in a horrible position or if they have nothing up (leaps, dashes, walls, aegis) and it's an easy rocket kill that doesn't require you to finish them off after. If you are using the heat seeker because maneuvering in his ult is hard, practice it in jungle practice or arena. Being able to maneuver his ult is key to using Danza to his fullest potential.
** New update to the note above, since your abilities are now 90% setup, shooting the heat seeker instead of going in has a third purpose: Keeping your target in place for basics. I still rather you go in, but I'll change the percentage from 90% to 80%.
- Your best boxing tool is your 3. When you are boxing anything, pop your 3 and shoot your autos in the circle while moving around. At max, your 3 gives you 20% movement speed in the field as well as 20% reduced basic attack damage. A lot of times I see Danza players forget to use their 3 in a boxing match and get killed in a matchup that they should have won if they had the extra reduced damage as well as more movement speed to weave.
- If you need to get out because you are low, you have 4 options:
1. Stay in there, pop your 3, fight for your life. With Devo's and crit, If you weave and hit autos, you can still turn the fight into your favor.
2. Run through the jungle and use your 2 under you in a narrow jungle path. Unless the enemy beads or use a dash/leap, they cannot go through there unless they want to be taunted. After that, use your 3 for the leaf movement speed to outrun your enemies and get out.
3. Use your 3 and get into leaf form. After that, DO NOT JUST RUN AWAY NORMALLY. Despite the mimic leaves, if you leave in a predictable path, you are still gonna be found easily. Instead, use your 3, split them a little bit, then move in a circle and aim for a spot that the enemies would not expect you to go if you are retreating. Use your mimic leaves to your advantage. Example: if you are low in middle lane and close to the jungle on the left, use your 3, then go around in a circle and aim to go up the lane or the right jungle. Enemies will think you are going into the jungle or going to your tower, and you can get yourself out when they go to chase the wrong leaf.
4. Get in your Rocket, get out of harm's way. Rocket go brrrrrrr.
- Engagement should be Ult into enemy, then 1, then 3, then box till someone wins. Use your 2 on yourself so no one can dive you without being taunted.
- Don't just use your 1 straight up to clear. You have 3 money bags that roll out. Use 1 to clear wave and try to angle the other 2 to catch your enemies in the crossfire. You can also use 2 bags to clear if you aim 1 at the wave and get the second you to bounce of a wall or the tower. Also, roll your 1 earlier on the wave then just right in front of them. You want the bag to explode on the archers in the back to get maximum damage on the wave. Shooting it too close to the wave will make the money bags go past the wave and explode nothing.
- Keep in mind, walls and god hits will stop your 1 and your ult. (See threats as to why this can cause problems for Danza) Plan accordingly as failing the plan will neuter your damage potential and can put you in a spot where you are killed easily.
- Little quick tip if you are playing Danza solo and are facing an aa warrior/assassin (Osiris, Bellona, etc.), put your taunt on top of the front of YOUR line. Now you get to clear line and that aa god can't get close to the front of the line without getting taunted or waiting for the taunt to be over. This does cause these warriors/assassins to just decide to run at you instead, so be wary of it.
- Last but not least, just have fun with his kit. Danza is one of the most enjoyable gods to play as his kit has so much that you can do with it. Enjoy battling in the battleground of the gods with the Legendary Tanuki!
You need to log in before commenting.
Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved