Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Worth starting with Death's Toll/Vampiric Shroud in 3v3?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Worth starting with Death's Toll/Vampiric Shroud in 3v3? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 2, 2014 10:37am | Report
Or start building more offensive items from the get go?

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 2, 2014 7:29pm | Report
I think I can actually answer something well this time. I play a lot of 3v3 and have tried A LOT of each. Here's the deal.

You get 8 gold a second. That's a lot of gold. 60x8=480. So, from just your passive gold gain. You can buy an item in 5 minutes. That's not far into the game.

If you buy Death's Toll/ Vampiric Shroud. It is only useful for maybe the first 3 minutes of the game.

Typically. You will have your full build pretty much 20-25 minutes into a 3v3. So wasting the gold on it is generally not a great idea. The purpose of these items is to generally increase early lane sustain and give decent bonuses for a cheap price. Not really necessary when you can base in a few seconds anyways. Also, there is a lot of poking early on that results in having to base anyways.

In the end it is typically just a waste of gold. I wouldn't recommend it. It's not going to kill you however, so it's up to you. I do think skipping it is more beneficial however as its purpose is generally defeated.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 3, 2014 10:47am | Report
Thanks !

Mind if I add you for 3v3?

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » March 3, 2014 11:49am | Report
What about Watchers Gift? If you have someone such as Ah Muzen or Ao with a massive wave clear...if the other two people get Watcher's Gift wouldn't that effectively give everyone on the team the 'last hits'. Or is it still not worth it?

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 3, 2014 4:40pm | Report
Yes you may. My IGN is Chiulin. I'm not that good btw. :c

I haven't actually messed around with Watcher's Gift. Personally I just feel like you don't need that extra gold. You get so much passively that when you go from 3v3 to conquest your eyes actually water. So I just skip it. I also don't really prefer having full tanks in my 3v3's. I prefer having a bruiser, burst mage, and adc. Seems most efficient for me. So I would have to say that it probably just isn't worth it.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShaoTheGreat » May 16, 2014 2:25pm | Report
I will resurrect another dead thread - in Siege mode it is viable to start with both. As I have found that is also viable to start with a potion of phys/mag might. If you trust yourself not to die for five minutes, it's a cheap boost and can help secure kills early game so that you can start snowballing your kills into good items. I always opt for about a 12000 gold build for Siege mode since full good builds rarely get finished before the game is over.

And guess what? I use meditation and sometimes auto-build! Every second counts and I have very high sustain using Ao with meditation - from start to finish. I use meditation often. So NYAAAAAAHHHHH to all you meditation haters.

ShaoTheGreat

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZangsLegacy » May 16, 2014 3:40pm | Report
your so badarse im to scared to res dead threads cuz i feel like people would kill me in mai sleep D:
IGN: EvilZangs Clan: Wrath Gaming

ZangsLegacy

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » May 16, 2014 3:48pm | Report
ShaoTheGreat wrote:

I will resurrect another dead thread - in Siege mode it is viable to start with both. As I have found that is also viable to start with a potion of phys/mag might. If you trust yourself not to die for five minutes, it's a cheap boost and can help secure kills early game so that you can start snowballing your kills into good items. I always opt for about a 12000 gold build for Siege mode since full good builds rarely get finished before the game is over.

And guess what? I use meditation and sometimes auto-build! Every second counts and I have very high sustain using Ao with meditation - from start to finish. I use meditation often. So NYAAAAAAHHHHH to all you meditation haters.

You bite your thumb at us, we bite our thumb at you. Just you wait.

(coem on, I can't do this alone...)

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 16, 2014 4:34pm | Report
ShaoTheGreat wrote:

That itself right there is why you need it. Any really good player will not just spam abilities and waste mana. You use the same 6 mana potions in half the game, if you are smart and efficient while using them. In theory, yes you are correct, it is a bit more expensive. But you need less mana potions as the game advances. So I would use around 8-10 the whole game. That's 400-500 gold. A 100-200 more expense, why take the small extra cost you ask?

1. You can have the MP5 at a specific time you want and you don't have to wait for the active's cooldown.

2. MP5 isn't as important late game.

3. It doesn't take up an active slot.

The third reason should be enough to not get Meditation.

Copy and pasted from the Meditation "thread" when I ****ted on yur lyfe

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }