Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Questions about Attack Speed

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Questions about Attack Speed 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by sneeds » January 31, 2013 2:10pm | Report
I was wondering if attack speed affects ability speed or just auto attack speed.

I heard someone say that Freya's 2 ability Pulse and her ultimate ability Valkyrie's Discretion benefit from attack speed, is this true?

If it is do channeling abilities, like Anubis's Death Gaze, benefit from it as well?

sneeds

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » January 31, 2013 3:10pm | Report
Attack Speed affects only auto attacks(basic attacks)
Freya's 1 and 2 both simply enhance/modify your basic(auto) attacks thus they are affected by AS but Attack Speed doesn't affect any skills other then those that enhance your basic attacks so no both her ultimate and Anubis Gaze are not affected.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » February 1, 2013 6:58pm | Report
Yes, what Levask said.

But allow me to expound upon that. Attack speed only affects basic attacks BUT, in turn, affects any skills which work off of basic attacks. Freya is the best example as far as skills benefiting from attack speed, since she gains bonuses to her basic attacks for x seconds (not x swings). Bakasura's 3, Bacchus's 1, and Vamana's ult are all other examples of skills which benefit from higher attack speed as a player can get more hits in while their attacks are buffed fur the duration.

Xareth

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }