Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa in duo lane?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Nu Wa in duo lane? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » January 5, 2014 3:16am | Report
I play the hunter role a lot, now sometimes when the solo lane is a physical god, either another hunter or warrior, the duo lane picks up an auto attack mage like Freya.

Has anyone played Nu Wa in that role, from what i've seen Nu Wa damage comes from her Flame Strike and auto attacks. I've only faced her once in the duo lane and she destroyed me, but that was when she was first released. Is she good at this position or would she be better just staying in the solo lane?

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 5, 2014 4:03am | Report
She can work in any role, but she's preferred as a solo due to the need to level up fast and build up her burst damage quickly. She can hold a lane decently enough, but her waveclear is somewhat lacking for the mid role. She's pretty weak until she has her ultimate, then she can actually be a threat.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » January 5, 2014 5:31am | Report
So is she a burst mage not an auto attack mage? Is her main damage from the snake form burst?

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 5, 2014 6:33am | Report
Kaishinamon wrote:

So is she a burst mage not an auto attack mage? Is her main damage from the snake form burst?

The majority of her damage comes from Pillars of Heaven's buff effect, but because it's her ultimate, she can be considered a burst mage in this regard, since her ult isn't always up unless you max CDR and can maintain snake form properly. She's not like Freya or Chronos who have very little downtime with their attack buffs.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Porz21 » January 14, 2014 8:25am | Report
I rather build Nu Wa as an auto attack mage, and for me it's working out, yet you need to get the attack speed pretty early and in the early game I am pretty weak playing her, but it is enough to stay in the solo lane and even harass the enemy god.
In the lategame when I get enough attack speed out of Hastened Fatalis you're a real threat when you are in snake form. Also I use the ult mostly for the control you get over the enemy god, which gets slown and is sometimes tempted to stay in your ult so you can hit your basic attacks and damage him badly.
But that's just how I play her no bullet proof tactic.

Porz21

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ConnorJS » January 19, 2014 12:50pm | Report
I've been playing in her Joust and I've been using her as an auto attack mage. Make sure you go for Boots of Focus rather than Boots of Magi since you'll be needing to use your abilities as much as possible to keep your crystals up. This is the build I use:

Boots of Focus -> Telkhines Ring -> Demonic Grip -> Polynomicon -> Bancroft's Talon -> Rod of Tahuti

Focusing on 2 for lane control and 4 for damage, get 3 up at level 4 too so you can get your constant AOE basic attack as early as possible.

ConnorJS

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }