Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Modified Meta Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Modified Meta Idea 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 11, 2014 10:04am | Report
Time to make a new meta! It'll be very similar to the current one, but has more flexibility.

Each team has:

1 ranged physical (hunter)
1 melee physical (assassin/warrior)
1 damage-based mage
1 support-based god (mage or warrior, pref.)
1 tank (physical or magical, gaurdian or warrior pref.)

This type of team comp gives equal dominance over each attack type, and has three main ways of dealing damage: The mage, dealing the brunt of the damage; the ranged physical, dealing less burst but more reliable damage, and deals killing blows; and the melee physical, who deals most of the killing blows, or contributes sustained damage and takes some as well. There's also the support, which contributes damage, but mostly controls the team and keeps it together (or takes some damage as well), and a tank, which takes most of the damage and most likely dishing out CC by the bucket.

Laning Positions:

Duo: ranged physical/support-based god OR ranged physical/tank
Mid: damage-based mage
Solo: tank OR support-based god
Jungle: melee physical

The mid can match the pushing and farming of the current meta's mid; the jungler either gets kills or helps the team get them. The god whom you put in the solo lane will gain farm faster than the on you put in the duo, so it's up to who you want to have the more gold, as well who you think can support the hunter best. The god you put in duo protects the hunter, and helps to feed it (should not be farming unless the hunter died).

So. What do you guys think? Basically the current meta, with a few changes. Note, the melee physical doesn't have to build pure damage (jungle guan yu, build bruiser, even tanky, and can still fulfill the req.).

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 11, 2014 10:10am | Report
Isn't this more or less the current meta? Only exception is a tank support isn't NECESSARY, it CAN be an actual support mage.

But bruiser/assassin jungle is the meta, as is damage-based mage mid, as is adc/support (tank or aphro/ra) solo, a tanky bruiser or full tank solo.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 11, 2014 10:19am | Report
yeah, it's very similar. But the duo/support, bruiser/jungle, and the full tank/solo seem to be frowned-upon variations on the meta. I'm just incorporating it.

Also, this includes a necessary support and a necessary tank, not one of both. Right now, the meta has a warrior or sustain mage in solo, which leads to an imbalance of damage types in the former and lack of real team support in the other. Unless it's Ra, of course.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 11, 2014 2:10pm | Report
Problem is that most (especially full) tanks can't clear lanes for the love of them. Naturally when both teams use this meta, this problem kinda fixes itself. But old meta would beat this meta purely due to the difference of lane clearance.

There's also that most solo lane gods (considered high tier) already have a decent support kit, like Tyr's CC and Sun Wukongs gap closer.

The only way I see it viable is if you put a good lane clearing support on the solo lane, like Aphrodite.

I've seen all the "meta's" considering my low level queue's up.

ps: Do you think this meta could be better? Or do you just like it as variation on the current meta. (If the prior, do enlighten me as to why. :P)
pps: i'm super tired, having a hard time taking in what I read, so if I say anything out of place or misread anything, sorry!
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }