Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Laning strategies for Bastet and Anubis

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Laning strategies for Bastet and Anubis 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zingerbro » February 14, 2013 3:21pm | Report
Hi there. I currently play Bastet left with a friend (newer to smite and MOBA in general) who plays Anubis. Recently we have been on a losing streak and I would like your opinion on what we can do to improve. To give you some information I have already worked out, I always grab blue at the beginning and pounce and scratch for harass, this sets us ahead in level but we always fall behind late game. My friend mainly focuses on pushing with his 3. Is there anything that we can do to improve our play? And is there a way to build for more synergy? I would like to get as much info as I can so I can devise a stratagie to improve our gameplay. Thank You.
><> (don't trust the fish, I think he is a spy)

Zingerbro

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » February 14, 2013 3:45pm | Report
Running a bastet/noobis lane well there's your problem nr1. The truth of the matter is that those two gods have no synergy apart from both having slows so no matter what strategy you devise a tank + carry lane will be stronger. Of course in low level games anything can work but if you want to have better chances at winning then duo queuing one of you should play Tank and the other one should play Carry be it a physical or magical one, but if you are having fun running this lane composition and you don't want to change what gods you use then it would help me a lot if you could provide what builds you are using and what abilities you are picking up in most games so I could perhaps give you some tips on more optimal builds...

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » February 19, 2013 8:50am | Report
Anubis can be super squishy, and has nothing that can be called an escape. Bastet doesn't have much of a slow or a stun, meaning she can't protect Anubis at all.

So you will find yourself in situations wher if you need to retreat, you can't. You are stuck. At least gods like Thor, Ymir, Bacchus, Sobek, etc etc have a stun they can use to help their lane partner survive. If you get caught off-guard in a gank, one of you can escape and get out or hopefully BOTH of you can.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OssiansFolly » May 1, 2013 9:25am | Report
If you are attacking with Bastet head on you are doing it wrong. You need to go back to the fountain and come up through the jungle and initiate from behind. Your Pounce is a good ganking tool to come from the jungle into mid to gank, but in your lane 2v2 you need to pick a target and come from behind them in the lane. I play Bastet all the time and USUALLY finish around 14-1 (had a bad game over the weekend where I finished 8-4).

All you have to do is let them push your lane and come from behind them. If they start to retreat to their tower you drop your cats and let your cats tower dive for you. Aim for mages and ranged carries because bruisers and tanks will just shrug you off. NEVER initiate a battle until atleast level 5 and don't be afraid to bail without killing guys. If the first few times you go after someone you don't finish them don't get down. That gives that player a false sense of security for later on when you will come from now where and put them down in 3 seconds.

Incase you don't already know this you want to max skill 2 at level 10 (so take skill 2 every level up you can when you aren't obviously taking your ult and take skill 3 otherwise). Skill 1 just needs one rank until you max skills 2 and 3. 2 is your main damage dealing ability and 3 is a devastating slow with decent damage. I also recommend taking Hand of God and Creeping Curse.

OssiansFolly

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jharii » September 3, 2013 12:25pm | Report
Anubis is a dog and Bastet is a cat. The two don't really get along. But... if you both treat it like you are solo laning, you can succeed. That being said, at level 5, it's good to have Bastet go jungling if you don't already have a jungler. Try to stay in the jungle between your solo lane and mid and gank whenever your ultimate is up and assist in mob clearing when that half of the jungle is waiting to respawn. Anubis is typically well equipped to solo lane, so he should be fine.

Only harass once or twice during the first 5 levels, if not at all. You don't want to give away any unexpected ultimate attack that you may wish to unleash at level 5. Make sure that you get your blue before laning, as this XP may give you your ultimate before your opponents. Anubis's ability to melt down minions should also get you to level 5 before them. When you hit level 5, make an attempt at the ultimate attack on their weakest link. You may get no kills, you may get two. If you and Anubis have been playing together for a while, then he should know it is coming and can plan his actions according to your plans.

Regardless of the outcome, go jungling afterwards and gank at every opportunity.

Jharii

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 3, 2013 12:59pm | Report
Jharii wrote:

Anubis is a dog and Bastet is a cat. The two don't really get along. But... if you both treat it like you are solo laning, you can succeed. That being said, at level 5, it's good to have Bastet go jungling if you don't already have a jungler. Try to stay in the jungle between your solo lane and mid and gank whenever your ultimate is up and assist in mob clearing when that half of the jungle is waiting to respawn. Anubis is typically well equipped to solo lane, so he should be fine.

Only harass once or twice during the first 5 levels, if not at all. You don't want to give away any unexpected ultimate attack that you may wish to unleash at level 5. Make sure that you get your blue before laning, as this XP may give you your ultimate before your opponents. Anubis's ability to melt down minions should also get you to level 5 before them. When you hit level 5, make an attempt at the ultimate attack on their weakest link. You may get no kills, you may get two. If you and Anubis have been playing together for a while, then he should know it is coming and can plan his actions according to your plans.

Regardless of the outcome, go jungling afterwards and gank at every opportunity.

look at the date of the last post before you comment on a tread that is very low on page. right now you are necroing and it's not good.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jharii » September 3, 2013 1:42pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

look at the date of the last post before you comment on a tread that is very low on page. right now you are necroing and it's not good.

It was still on page one. Hardly my fault that the forums don't see enough traffic.

Jharii

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » September 3, 2013 2:50pm | Report
Still, just because its page one, doesnt mean it isn't old and/or outdated. So just keep that in mind before you do something like that please.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }