Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Thoth all that powerful? (In joust)?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Is Thoth all that powerful? (In joust)? 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Damius » December 19, 2016 8:38pm | Report
(I'm gonna trigger a lot of people with this, so sorry.) I've ran around and played maybe half of the mages (and maybe 75% of that I officially learned.) I've been wondering is Thoth powerful enough? I mean, I'm sitting around like, well if I compare thoth to say Agni. Thoth has the advantage in that he could hit at a further range. (Could, because honestly, when it's far it gets harder and harder to hit). But Agni is way more annoying with his CC, not to mention he can burst his ult, he has a dash and can stop people with that, and his two is wide (Maybe a little short) and hits hard. (And it's far harder to dodge agni's abilities) And can deal the same amount of damage (Or about the same) in one go. (And they combo nicely).
And then you have Zues... You pratically can't miss his ult, all his abilities hurt like hell.
Poseidon too.
And I also feel like, most of the other mages, you can play with the build, but with Thoth, I feel like it's strictly,
Book of thoth, Vampiric sash, boots of some sort, Soul Reaver, Chronos Pendant, Rod of Tahuti, And Void stone. (You can go spear of magus, since I think some people like it).
I think the only item you can switch out on this, is Chronos Pendant. And only when it gets to late game, his abilities start to hurt. (And when you're up against an assassin in joust, you need the defense but lacking one power item hurts the build.) I think I've nailed my one thrice (Through my three) on a Chang'e as she was running towards me and that was just enough to kill her. So in that sense he has power very late in the game. But then I think a lot of other mages can do that much damage as well, and most of them have an easier time hitting the abilities. (Like Janus, I think late game he can one, two, and kill you( With passive up.)) Not to mention that a lot of time when my teammates are getting attacked. I Can't stop my opponents, and my teammates are like attack what are you doing. And I'm like, even if I did have my abilities up I can't possibly deal all that much damage, I can't stop their attacks with CC, like Agni, and it takes a second to put up my three, then ready my one, then attack, quite literally 'one' opponent. All that time wasted while Agni coulda stunned, Hades coulda dashed or leapt(?), and CCd plus ult (Then again he was a guardian I guess), Nox coulda silenced, Poseidon coulda slowed, Zues might've dished out damage, Zhong qui coulda stunned and slowed. Ya know. I just feel like he needs CC, or some kinda buff. Maybe the only god that can't do much here.. might be Raijin(?), but if you want to risk it at least you could leap in and his two hits everyone in a certain vicinity.

I don't know. I'm not claiming to be the best Smite player, but I also feel like Thoth could make do with more something. (MAYBE I REALLY NEED TO GIT GOOD).

Damius

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }