Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Loki viable is Conquest?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Is Loki viable is Conquest? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 29, 2014 12:16pm | Report
If you use him in the jungle, you'll either have to sacrifice camp clearing for ganking power, or sacrifice ganking power for camp clearing, while most junglers use the same ability for ganks as they do you camp clearing. This causes Loki to either 1. fall behind or 2. wait longer for effective ganks.

He can work in duo lane, but that would put your ADC or support out of a job.

Solo lane also would work, but if you have an assassin (or bruiser building like an assassin) in the jungle then that means you have two assassins, and if you have two assassins YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME.

Mid lane is perhaps his best place, but you would need to have a mage in solo for this to work. Loki shines when he's fighting mages because of his instagib potential. Even in middle lane, he still suffers from the same problem as in the jungle. If he wants to keep up with the waveclearing of a mage, he needs to dump into his decoy or else he'll be pushed.

Also, this is about conquest. I know how good he is in arena.

Of course, this all has mainly to do with a stubborn meta. In fact, if the meta wasn't so strict as hell, Loki could be viable. (ADC in solo and Loki/support in duo anyone?)

Thoughts?

*also sorry for the typo in the title.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 29, 2014 6:21pm | Report
Couldn't he theoretically make up for his poor waveclear with kills?

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 29, 2014 8:41pm | Report
I use Loki in conquest quite a lot. He's fairly good in jungle, usually springs up early mid game unless he gets a nice gank or two. Initially his waveclear is kinda bad but even w/o putting points into the skill he can still clear camps effectively.

Loki mid is really good. The trick is to play passively until you max your decoy at least rank 3 and then be aggressive. The only bad thing is if you get a nonstop pusher like Ra or Ao it's kind of a nuisance. The easiest god to mid against as Loki would be Anubis. Never lost my lane against an Anubis with Loki.

I've used him in solo before, some people do, but I'm not a big fan. You won't have enough penetration to kill your enemy solo laner by yourself even with enough skill. And Loki as an ADC? naw, even if he's fed he won't contribute much to team fights but would do excellent if everyone is split up between lanes.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 29, 2014 9:05pm | Report
Loki's very decent in the jungle. A point in decoy is all you need and eventually your staight up auto attack damage will be decent. If you want to see how he's played, look up Lassiz of (I think) Dignitas. He loves Loki (and Ne Zha) in the jungle, and does very well with him.

Loki isn't nearly viable anywhere else, just learn the jungle paths.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }