Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to Counter Neith?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » How to Counter Neith? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fadellity » October 1, 2013 2:16pm | Report
Hey everyone!

So as I continue to play Smite, there has been one God that I have always had trouble countering, and that is Neith. Pretty much every Neith I've gone against in the side lanes has put a broken weave down with her backflip, waited till I got remotely close to it, and then shot her spirit arrow into it and murdered my very existence. The radius on the explosion is pretty huge, and I have a REALLY tough time staying out of it. Does anyone have a strategy for countering Neith? Or for countering this particular Neith strategy? Thanks!

fadellity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » October 1, 2013 2:33pm | Report
Neith is a bastard. But there are a few way to counter her. If Neith initiates with Backflip, then she is wasting her escape. Make use of that, and jump on her face. But of course, try to stay way from the broken weaves. Her damage is pretty low, and she is VERY reliant on Spirit Arrow. If Backflip and Spirit Arrow are down, she becomes a easy prey.

Tl;dr: Stay aware of Spirit Arrows. If she backflips, shut her down, because she'll have no escape.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » October 1, 2013 2:58pm | Report
Cripple, cripple, cripple. Since Neith relies on her Backflip for several things, gods with cripple make her life very difficult. Ares, Poseidon, and Cupid generally come to mind.

Most junglers are also pretty effective at shutting her down too if she's extended. Loki and Fenrir in particular work best, though Bakasura, Hun Batz, and Thor are all capable of getting the job done.

If you're fighting a drawn out lane however, the first thing you should do is familiarize yourself with her weave radius. A weave planted in the middle of the lane is just a bit short of reaching the walls when exploded, thus making it much less likely you'll be snared if you stay closer to the walls. The exception is if she ults the weave (creating a wider explosion), though this should be a rare occurance unless she's confident in her ability to burst you down. It is also worth keeping in mind that Spirit Arrow, regardless of whether it's shot directly at you or into a weave, roots you. It isn't a stun, and you can still use your escapes and blinks if you're caught in one to avoid the rest of her damage.

Next, try to mana starve her. If she doesn't have Meditation, she can't play too aggressively early on. If you harass her enough, she'll be forced to use Unravel frequently to stay alive.

If you're actually going to be aggressive towards Neith, first thing you shoud know is to save your chasing moves for after she uses Backflip. Once she jumps back, close the distance with your own move. Done properly, you should not only have closed the distance, but also gotten out of range of the weave she planted. The only thing left to avoid is her Spirit Arrow; if you can dodge that, she's defenseless, outside of maybe a desperation World Weaver to stun you. If you have a leap, you can wait for her to try aiming at her weave, the jump, thus causing her to waste both skills.

Onto cripple. I mentioned this is the best counter for her. Here's the thing I've noticed with most Neiths: when they're placing their weaves, they usually start moving in towards you to plant it as close as possible before using Backflip to escape possible attempts to poke her. If you have a crippling skill like Shackles or Whirlpool, you can completely deny her Backflip by using it as she's advancing towards you. This will also put her in a highly vulernable position too. When faced with cripple, she has no choice but to play defensive, and will have a very difficult time controlling the lane.

Purification Beads and Blink are ideal abilities to have when facing Neith. They allow you to negate her CC and close the distance between you and her. Aegis Amulet might also come in handy to prevent her from securing a kill against you with World Weaver, though you'll need to get good with the timing first.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » November 1, 2013 7:55am | Report
It really depends on what god you are playing as. Without knowing that it's hard to give specific advice. In general though, you want to stay a way to the side of your minions if possible, so that she cannot hit both you and your guys with her abilities (especially Unravel which is very easy to poke with if you stay close to your archers).

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 6, 2013 8:36pm | Report
Step one punch her in the face
Step two walk about 10 feet behind her since she will jump there SO PREDICTABLE
Step 3 waste all your abilities since she has no jump

Buy creeping curse or something so she can't run after she flips

Normally I just get 10 feet behind her and wait for her to jump....
if she doesn't want to jump well she can die by my team mate then

if you can't get behind her then you better have some cc because other wise you are screwed

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }