Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hand of the Gods on ADC

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Hand of the Gods on ADC 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 13, 2013 6:30pm | Report
I've been experimenting with hand of the gods while playing Apollo.

Played two games pretty well, winning my lane quite easily both times.

My starting gear was basic Tabi, basic Fatalis, basic Hand of the gods, and a health potion.

I was able to out kill anyone I was laned against. The first time was Freya. The second time it was Anhur.

Hand of the gods also allowed me to farm the mana jungle camp solo so I could get the buff when needed.

Overall, it increased my minion killing drastically. I literally was able to push them off lane most of the time. By the time I was lvl 10, they were still level 8 and 7 respectively. Freya would of probably of been 7 still if she didn't get an early kill on me. She hit lvl 5 and then Ulted me down hard.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has fooled around with Hand of the gods on non jungling gods. Because for me, it basically won me my solo lane twice.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 13, 2013 6:52pm | Report
Interesting choice, but may prove lacking. Say you're Artemis or Apollo, right? They have either a Hades and an Ares, and a Loki. You have to have beads, and you have to have aegis, or you'll get one shot.

Hand of the Gods is usually a support pickup, as THEY hand of the gods the buff, for YOU to take, and you still have the freedom to get Beads/Aegis/Creeping Curse/Girdle of Might/Combat Blink/Restoration Shard/Sprint (I highly suggest rank 3 sprint - NO MOVEMENT SPEED PENALTY IS AWESOME)

So I'd ask your support if they wouldn't mind. And then you can go for a kill active.
If they won't, I mean you can, but it's not ideal unless you literally don't need actives.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » September 13, 2013 8:11pm | Report
Only reason you should ever take Hand of the Gods on a carry is for Fist of the Gods, which gives you a free 1.5 second stun every minute in the later game. I'd say it's a pretty good active, especially now with the recent price drop on Rank 2/3.

Since you're playing as Apollo, who often ends up near his enemies when playing aggressively, you can effectively chain-CC with combinations of FotG and Serenade to keep your victim in for killing, or even just save the latter ability for an escape if the fight doesn't go as planned.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 14, 2013 1:29pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Interesting choice, but may prove lacking. Say you're Artemis or Apollo, right? They have either a Hades and an Ares, and a Loki. You have to have beads, and you have to have aegis, or you'll get one shot.

Hand of the Gods is usually a support pickup, as THEY hand of the gods the buff, for YOU to take, and you still have the freedom to get Beads/Aegis/Creeping Curse/Girdle of Might/Combat Blink/Restoration Shard/Sprint (I highly suggest rank 3 sprint - NO MOVEMENT SPEED PENALTY IS AWESOME)

So I'd ask your support if they wouldn't mind. And then you can go for a kill active.
If they won't, I mean you can, but it's not ideal unless you literally don't need actives.

I always pick up beads when theres an Ares. But I don't have to worry too much till he's lvl 5 so I don't need it off the bat.

Also have yet to meet a good Hades while on my Apollo. As for Loki, well he's a pain in general due to how he is.

Sprint is actually over rated in my opinion. I would take combat blink over sprint in a heart beat.

I've found Hand of the gods very useful at just its rank 1 level. It kills lane archers instantly and damages the rest pretty well. Also, I don't want to pull my junglers away from where their farming just to kill some stuff to get me a buff. Especially if their getting close to doing a gank. It's quicker and easier to kill the jungle mob myself for the buff, gold, and xp; than trouble them.

Heck, when I jungle, I just ask people to let me know if they are going to kill a jungle mob so I don't waste time trying to go there to farm the mob myself.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 14, 2013 1:34pm | Report
Sprint isn't overrated, because no one takes it. I find being an apollo or freya, who are 100% auto attack based, being able to sprint at fully speed while auto attack does wonders. No one can escape, or hit you with skill shots. But that's neither here nor there.
And eh, if it works for you, great! I just think there are better options - I'd focus on learning how to last hit than falling back on the active. It's a waste of gold if they have a good pusher.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }