Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Guan Yu

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Guan Yu 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaden » May 6, 2013 9:35am | Report
So i have a list of items and my minds a bit fried atm so if someone could help me put it together, generally looking for dps with a bit of defense.

items on my list

1. Magi Boots
2. Voidstone
3. Ethereal Staff
3. Rod of Tahuti
4. Wall of Absolution
5. Gem of Iso
6. Polynomicon
7. Warlock Sash
8. Thoth
9. Spear of Magus

wall and void could potentially be all the armor needed, boots id like to keep as is, so we at 3 items, which other 3 items would give the highest dps (probably need to keep in gemo if iso as well though hmm)

or just scrap all of that and build what?

1 idea is

Magi
Voidstone
Wall of Absolution
Polynomicon
Warlock Sash
Spear of Magus

not in that order, but how would that be decent dmg while building tanky, replace gem with creeping curse and im still unsure on polynomicon

Kaden

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Orbmaniac » May 8, 2013 8:07am | Report
i have played guan a while, and guan is a good you dont make full tank, but still you should not look at hybrid items only. sometimes going 1 DPS and 1 tanky instead of 2 hybrid is better.

items on MY list and why below.

1. Magi Boots/Reinforced boots
2. Voidstone/bulwark of Hope
3. Ethereal Staff
3. Rod of Tahuti
4. Breastplate of Valor/hide of nemean lion
5. Gem of Iso
7. Warlock Sash
8. book of Thoth
9. Spear of Magus/obsidian shard

why:
i love Reinforced boots since you can easily catch upp to carries and easily initiate. but the magi boots are a better item in general if your going for a strong DPS bruiser.

bulwark of hope are more there for a tankier alternative, even though voidstone are way better at its job with guan.

i would not get wall of absolution on guan, i dont think it is a good enough item to use. even if going bruiser. id rather get Breastplate of valor for the CDR & mana. and if behind take Hide since it gives more protection in tier 1 and 2.

spear of magus will make you way better at taking down carries, but if your enemy team have very many bruisers/tanks (1 carry or less) id rather go for Obsidian shard.
IGN: Orbmaniac
Proud member of Smitefire EU.

Orbmaniac

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }