Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Crit Hits

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Crit Hits 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » December 13, 2012 6:14am | Report
How are they calculated? (Chance *and* Damage)

What I've learned from LoL:
In LoL, every time you hit someone with an Autoattack or Gangplanks Parrley, a random number generator generates a number between 1 and 100. Everytime this number is smaller than your chance to crit, it crits.
So, if you have a 60% Crit chance, every time the number generator generates a number below 60, you crit, thus making 60% of your autoattacks crits (on average).
If your autoattack crits, the damage is doubled before resistances are applied, instead of doing 250 dmg per attack you do 500. If armor would remove 20% of your damage, you would do 200 instead of 250 with a normal AA and 400 instead of 500 with a critting AA.

How is it in Smite?
I've played a training match and bought every single crit item there is, ending up with 51% crit chance.
Brawlers Beat Stick: +15% Critical Strike Chance
Deathbringer: +20% Critical Strike Chance
Golden Bow: +10% Critical Strike Chance
Warriors Tabi: 6% Critical Strike Chance

And I must admit, its not worth it at all. (I played Loki, where I thought it would be most efficient on him. Still had trouble.) Maybe because I wasn't building attack damage at all, but still this combination of items takes up 4 item slots just for crit chance (you could argue about 3 slots here, you need some after all.)

Lets compare two seperate builds, one I'm playing most of the time on Arachnae and the one I tried out with Loki:

Lokis build has the BBS, Deathbringer, Golden Bow and Warriors Tabis, thats:
+150 Health
+115 Attack Power
+51% Crit Chance
+15% Lifesteal
+6% Attack Speed
26% Movement Speed
Bonus Effects:
Reduced Healing on stuck enemies
Splash Damage on hit
50% Additional Crit damage (I guess this raises it to 250%, correct me if I'm wrong please.)

My Standard Arachnae build has Warriors Tabi, a fully stacked Devourers Glove and The Executioner:
+110 Attack Power
+6% Crit Chance (I'll disregard this one in the final calculation)
+20% Lifesteal
+26% Attack speed
+21% Movement Speed
Bonus effects:
On hit reduce victims armor by 20 (flat amount) (max 3 stacks)

For example; we assume the enemy has 60 armor, wich gets reduced by Arachnae to exactly 0. (I don't want to go into negative armor and bonus damage since I don't know the exact formula for that.(I just assume 60 Armor reduces the damage by 60 Points (I've looked for exact details but I found none.)

Now, if we let these 2 gods hit a target 100 times, the damage is as follows:
(I've applied Arachnaes Armor decrease bonus once every 25 of her hits, that means 25 without any stacks, 25 with 1, 25 with 2 and 25 with 3 stacks applied.)
(I've calculated Lokis passive on 30 of his hits, that means 30 of them do even 20% more damage.
For the sake of this calculation (and my lack in mathematical knowledge), lets assume Loki is a little unlucky and not 51% but 50% of his hits are crits. That makes 15 hits from behind that are crits and 15 that aren't, and from the remaining 70 Hits, 35 are crits and 35 aren't.)

On Arachne:
Normal Damage: 110, Normal Damage - Armor (60) = 50
(Executioner, 1 Stack = 70dmg, 2 stacks = 90dmg, 3 stacks = 110dmg)

25*50 = 1250
25*70 = 1750
25*90 = 2250
25*110 = 2750

Together that does exactly 8000 damage.

On Loki:
Normal Damage: 115
Crit Damage: 287
Normal - Armor = 55
Crit - Armor = 227

(His Backstabs do 20% more damage, that means *1,2 on every backstab. His crit damage is not 200% of his Attack but 250% because of the Deathbringer bonus effect.)

15 Hits from the back + critting
15 Hits from the back, regular
30 from the front + critting
30 from the front, regular

(15*227)*1,2 = 4086
(15*55)*1,2 = 990
30*227 = 6810
30*55 = 1650

Alltogether, Loki does 13546 damage.

Lokis build costs 10,080 gold
Arachnaes build costs 6750 gold

Conclusion:
Loki does about 5,5k more damage than Arachnae, with 4 Item slots being used instead of 3.
I think for about 3,3k gold you should be able to do more damage than that, NOT counting in the awesome Arachnae passive (wich scales with attack damage by the way, or any damage from her spiderlings wich also scale from it.

Also, with this build, Arachnae has more survivability with the 20% lifesteal (Loki has 15%) and the 26% attackspeed. With those stats in the picture, Arachnae would get out more hits during the time it takes Loki to do 100 attacks, and stealing more life from hitting alltogether.
Still at the same time, Arachnae is able to vary her build a bit more with only 3 slots being in use, she can still effectively counter enemy builds or build more stats-

In my opinion, crit chance is a stat that is not worth being bought at this state of the game. With only 4 critting items, and the max crit chance only being at 51%, they need to implement more of them or raise the Deathbringer crit stat a little.

What do you think about it?
Do I see this situation about the crit stat in the right light? Or do I need to get my **** together? Leave a comment!
Ziggs [14:65]: try to hold ez at tower, ill ult
Tristana [14:59]: he'll blink away
Ziggs [15:03]: no he wont
Tristana [15:06]: u sure?
[All] Ziggs [15:10]: HEY ERZEAL

[All] Ezreal [15:14]: whaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[All] Ezreal [15:18]: *** you

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NinX » December 13, 2012 8:23am | Report
42,472% is the actual crit chance.

I would do comparisons with only one god after buying core items like
heartseeker, tabi, executioner, deathbringer.
Then comparing for example devourers gloves, beatstick, soul eater, golden bow.

Apart from that I would assume the enemy has the natural 10 PR, which get reduced to 0 after the first hit.
Also going straight for crit damage is not really worth it imo, as you need damage and attackspeed to crit high/often.

NinX

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by YumTraX » December 18, 2012 11:28am | Report
NinX wrote:

42,472% is the actual crit chance.

I would do comparisons with only one god after buying core items like
heartseeker, tabi, executioner, deathbringer.
Then comparing for example devourers gloves, beatstick, soul eater, golden bow.

Apart from that I would assume the enemy has the natural 10 PR, which get reduced to 0 after the first hit.
Also going straight for crit damage is not really worth it imo, as you need damage and attackspeed to crit high/often.

I like how you point out buying crit items in late game!
So many Lokies go straigt for Db and Titansbane (% Pen what's likewise to crit), what I consider as rather bad.

What i dislike about items in Smite is, that they are often not well designed for specific
phases of the game. Warrior Tabi for example is an item which is bought in early to mid game where Crit Chance is rather unimportant.
greets
--
Never forget
*****es love cake - Baconboys love pudding.

YumTraX

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }