Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best begginer gods?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Best begginer gods? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by z1103246 » April 13, 2014 3:26pm | Report
Hello, everyone.
About a week ago I start playing Smite. This is is my first ever moba expereince, so im new at this sort of stuff.
The first god I played was Loki(I know, laugh), and of course i got owned. Then, I start playing Thor, and I think I'm okay at it.
now, the question. What do you think is the best god for noob? I really like god with high damage or high defense(so tank and ADC or assassin would be great). Any suggestion?

z1103246

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » April 13, 2014 4:17pm | Report
An easy and safe adc to learn is Neith and a solid tank choice is Ymir.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » April 13, 2014 4:22pm | Report
For a easy mage, I recommend Ra and then, if you like the Mage role, but you are still learning, go for Ao Kuang.

As stated above, Ymir and Neith are both nice picks for their respective roles.

For a bruiser, Odin is a nice way to start, since he's tanky and can still deal reasonable amounts of damage.

A good assassin... uh, for newbies Thor can be the closest choice. But Assassins in general are quite hard to play.

I recommend you to stay away from the jungle. Later on you can try, but not at the ''noob level'' you're talking about.

Interesting note: Ra can also be used for Supporting, but I prefer him as a Mage.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by z1103246 » April 13, 2014 6:26pm | Report
Well, Im pretty good with Thor... As for Ra, I just seriously dont know how to build him.... And does anyone know a good ymir build? I kept on hearing this thing called Polymir, whats that suppose to mean?

z1103246

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 13, 2014 7:27pm | Report
I'll give you gods that are both good AND easy. They won't be the easiest, and won't be the best, but they'll have a very solid balance and a low skill floor
Mage: Ra/Ao Kuang. Just use all abilities and win.

Assassin: Loki or Bastet. Both are pretty damn straightforward

Hunter: Neith. She's THEE safest in the game and is easy to learn well.

Bruiser: Idk, this is actually hard. Guan Yu is probably an easy start point but even he isn't that easy. Herc could work too.

Tank: Athena or Ymir. Ymir has fallen out of favor but he's very straightforward, athena has a combo but it's devastating.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Macawmagician » April 13, 2014 7:44pm | Report
If you haven't found any guides yet, this Ymir guide here and this Ra Guide here are very good and quite current. They can tell you what to do and what to build. As for Polymir, Polymir is when someone is going damage Ymir. Ymir can be a good damage dealer due to passive (but not as good as gods meant for damage). One core item (but not always necessary) for a damage Ymir is Polynomicon. POLYnomicon give yMIR a lot of extra damage on his next auto attack. For beginners however, it's recommended to go tank Ymir.
I'm a magic bird!

Macawmagician

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by z1103246 » April 14, 2014 6:39pm | Report
Thanks guys! great helps. Also, how do you know when you are out of that noob stage?

z1103246

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 14, 2014 6:43pm | Report
You just have to feel it out. Are you farming well? Are you matching up against your lane opponent well? Do you understand how to build, and when cookie-cutter builds aren't going to do it in a specific game? How comfortable are you about knowing what every OTHER god does?

The easiest way to describe it, you're out of the noob stage when you feel comfortable. Sure, you can feel really anxious and on the edge of your seat, but you should feel comfortable with your god/playstyle, and know that even if you lose, you're doing what you should most of the time.

I wish I had a direct answer but I don't. Many people still do very badly in games, but they aren't noobs. Some people get lucky and go 20-0, doesn't mean they AREN'T noobs. It's just a personal feeling thing :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by z1103246 » April 15, 2014 1:27pm | Report
Thanks everyone! Helped me a lot!

z1103246

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DrPinkies » April 28, 2014 9:27am | Report
The hardest part of starting a new MOBA, is that your at a disadvantage when you don't know what your opponents are capable of. As you play more, you will learn more about what other gods can do, and you will figure ways to counter/avoid certain situations, and how to react in certain situations. What I did was try to get a god mastery with each god, (if you don't feel like doing that at least play them once.) that way, I knew what each god did, and had an idea of the damage/range/cooldowns and could better contest them when I needed to.
In Game Name: DrPinkies

DrPinkies

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }