Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Solution for bad/old laptops?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Solution for bad/old laptops? 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » January 3, 2014 7:17pm | Report
Hello,

So I've been home for the past few weeks and it's not until 9 days later that I return to my university where I chose to leave my desktop computer, the one I usually play on. I have been able to keep myself busy/entertained but I'm slowly getting more and more bored and uncomfortable with being unoccupied. I know I can last the 9 days, but I'm just keeping my options open.

The device that I do have with me this break is my ****py and old laptop that can't run a lot. I can barely run Smite until it caps at 100% CPU usage a few minutes into gameplay. All settings are at the lowest possible (I think).

Is there anything that can help my laptop run Smite better, or everything in general?

Thanks.

Shyzer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » January 4, 2014 12:25am | Report
What components do you even have on it? Of course there are things that you can do to increase the performance on your computer, however, I would NOT recommend trying yourself on overclocking any of your components unless you know what to do.

Also make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your components. If you do not know about this, then ask someone that knows in real life to take a look at what components you have and help you with it, as it can easily go wrong. This is definitely to recommend if you haven't in a while.

I'll tell you some safe things that you can you to increase the performance on your computer though.

1. When was the last time you cleaned your computer? It makes a big difference on your computers performance if there is dust in your fans, even if it's very little it matters a lot.

2. Keep V-Sync on in SMITE. It will make sure that your video card won't run faster than what your monitor can display.

3. Open the Start menu and right click on Computer, then select Properties. Then open Advanced system settings and press the Settings button under Performance. In there you want to select the "Adjust for best performance" and hit Apply.

Note: This will turn your computer into looking very ugly, but that's what will increase it's performance.

4. What resolution settings do you have on your monitor, and in SMITE? Unless you're running on the lowest, try lower it step by step until your FPS looks stable. Also, don't run the game in Windowed mode if you need power.

5. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and remove any unneeded active processes. Don't be lazy and use a "Gaming Mode" program, they drain power too you know. The best way is to do it manually.

Piederman

Prominent (39)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }