Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite "Service didn't automatically restart"

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Smite "Service didn't automatically restart" 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Exmorphysis » July 18, 2014 11:04am | Report
So i had smite previously installed but since i never played the game and i needed extra space on my computer i decided to uninstall it. later after clearing out my hard drive quite a bit i decided to reinstall it so i can play with my friends. But when i opened the installer and selected "smite," i was confronted with an error message reading "The service did not automatically restart. Please reboot your pc after pressing OK." i've browsed through the internet quite thoroughly but have yet to find a working solution.

Exmorphysis

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » July 18, 2014 5:16pm | Report
Wipe your computer and start over. 100% effectiveness. I had the same issue and that's what I did.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 19, 2014 5:55pm | Report
Yeah you basically need to uninstall everything related to hirez :/

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Exmorphysis » July 19, 2014 8:09pm | Report
Well i tried scanned my whole computer in search of anything related to "hirez" and there was nothing.

Exmorphysis

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 19, 2014 8:12pm | Report
That's not wiping your computer ._.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Exmorphysis » July 19, 2014 10:08pm | Report
My response was intended for Pentargonite, sorry. But just saying, i'd do a number of things to be able to play this game, but wiping my whole computer is just not worth it.

Exmorphysis

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 20, 2014 7:18pm | Report
Exmorphysis wrote:

My response was intended for Pentargonite, sorry. But just saying, i'd do a number of things to be able to play this game, but wiping my whole computer is just not worth it.

Happened to me once by accident, believe me, IT was worth IT.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Exmorphysis » July 23, 2014 2:53pm | Report
Thanks for everyone's help, and im happy to say that i found a solution! I decided to download a program called advanced uninstaller pro 11, and it helped me delete the remaining files that i couldnt find.

Exmorphysis

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }