Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

smite keeps redownloading itself

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » smite keeps redownloading itself 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by tudor898 » December 19, 2013 10:45am | Report
First this is my first post on smite fire and i'm not a very good writer so I may have some spelling mistakes but there's the problem:when smite was down for mentenace I managed to download a 80mb patch.after it installed my smite is completely well...f***ed up.it redownloads itself over and over again i tried everything it came into my mind:

-i cleaned the registry automaticly and manualy
- clean windows reinstall
-tried installing it on a different pc. nothing
-deleted both smite and hirez manualy and automaticly
-installed it on a different partition.now it downloaded it and began installing until 7% then stopped began to install the prerequisites (I already had them installed) and then valided my installation then it began to reinstall again till 43% then it said smite needs to be reinsalled.This happedened me twice but the second time it installed till 21% and after validation till 78%

I also noticed that it-s not the most recent version it"s 0.1.1887.0 instead of 1.1.1888.0 and that in the temp volder it downloads a 3.9gb file intead of a 4.17gb one

help will be very apreciated and again I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes

my pc specs: Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8H61-M LX3 PLUS (LGA1155)
Graphics
S22B150 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce GT 220 (Gigabyte)
Hard Drives
466GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0 ATA Device (SATA)

and I did a virus scan: no viruses
my internet speed is between 1.2-2.0mb/s (I'm from Eastern Europe and at a high altitiude)

this is the second time I have this problem.I once had it back in closed beta in september 2012 if I remember correctly but it solved by itself 3 months later

tudor898

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }