Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite is making fun of my IP address?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Smite is making fun of my IP address? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by cheezcarls » January 13, 2014 5:36am | Report
I had been frustrated in my last few games. It seems that Smite was actually making fun of my IP address, which results for me to have numerous disconnections and deserter periods. Whenever I am in the main menu, stats, god info, game queues or in-games, Smite just keeps me getting disconnected and making fun of my IP. No downloads, apps or anything that consumes the memory of my computer except Smite, still having the same experience. I asked others if they have the same issue every game during that time, and they said "NONE" or "they are fine", "everything goes smoothly". My internet was fine, browsing was fine, Youtube videos are fine, but Smite isn't fine for me?

Maybe Hi-Rez Studios hated me. Smite admins really hate me, I think that's one reason my IP address was the only one they made fun of it. All of the Smite players are treated very well, except me. Is this going to be the end of me playing Smite? Are they going to finally forbid me from playing this awesome game?

cheezcarls

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 13, 2014 6:42am | Report
Yes. Bye.

Seriously though, there's no such thing as making fun of someone's IP unless it's 8.00.8.135.*
If your internet stays online while playing SMITE, (which I assume it does, unless you speficily checked your internet connection when your game stops) it's probably your SMITE crashing, having nothing to do with your internet connection at all.

When SMITE stops working, what happens exactly and/or what error message do you get?

*BOOBIES. It says BOOBIES.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 13, 2014 9:21am | Report
Making fun of your IP address? what?

You just probably have a firewall problem with smite that doesn't affect browsers. Smite is still in its infancy, and as such has relatively bad servers and connectivity compared to other games, similar to how Combat Arms by Nexon has an absolutely horrid anti-hacking system by being a free, infant game, compared to WoW, where simply having cheat engine on instantly bans you for a week first offense, permanent second offense.

Check firewall and permissions, and make sure you aren't BOTH hardwire and wirelessly connected - that'll interfere.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }