Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITE IS DOWN - Please Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » SMITE IS DOWN - Please Help 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CommanderKilo » December 21, 2012 8:57pm | Report
For the past three hours, I have tried running Smite but at load up is says "Game is Down" in place of the "Play" button.

I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem and how to fix it.

CommanderKilo

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Destructon » December 21, 2012 10:18pm | Report
i have the same problem hi-rez needs to fix this fast because i think people want to play and especially try that new god

Destructon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 21, 2012 11:17pm | Report
Game is Down means the game is patching. And please do not post this on the News forum
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 21, 2012 11:23pm | Report
Game is down actually doesn't mean that they're patching. At least not this time. You cant just have 300.000 people trying to log into your servers and read the patchnotes, well you can't if you have servers like Hi-Rez. So the game and their website went down yesterday and they couldn't fix the problem for at least 4 hours. Don't know if its fixed yet, since I'm not on the pc.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mrboring » December 22, 2012 9:46am | Report
I had a similar problem. I logged in last night and tried entering a game, but it wouldn't let me press the accept button. I exited and tried to log back in, but have been getting "unable to connect to server" until just now. I'm guessing it being patch day the servers were full and many people are having issues. As a general rule I never expect the game to function on patch day. Also if this isn't the place to post to find out what's happening with the game, then where else should we go?

Mrboring

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 22, 2012 8:37pm | Report
I'd actually say this problem is newsworthy since this was an interesting issue. I believe it is finally over but the game was messed up all day yesterday/night.

Apparently HiRez needs to work on their server capacity. I'm honestly more surprised that so many people logged on at the same time.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }