Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Peculier lagspikes/FPS drops

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Peculier lagspikes/FPS drops 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Imetysaw » April 5, 2013 6:50am | Report
Dear Smiters,

A friend of mine is having some annoying FPS drops while playing Smite. The thing that I don't quitte get with it, is that he used to be able to just play fine. We then quit Smite from about December, and started playing again one month ago. Now he has it that once he is about +- 10 minutes in game, his FPS drops really low, no matter which video settings he uses. After a while, it dissapears again, then sometimes to return about 15 minutes again (Which is about the minimum time until it happens again, from there on most of them are at rather random intervals, which means he can sometimes even play through the match perfectly, while at other times the lag completelly ruins it). He seems to be having a similar problem while playing League of Legends, although there it happens a lot less often, maybe once a game for a short while.

Another thing to note, is that he can actually play Hitman: Absolution perfectly fine without any FPS drops.

Some things I have already tried are:
- Check which background programs could be using up a lot of memory, which were only Skype and Smite itself (We tried playing without Skype on, but to no avail).
- Since it is a family PC, they now have some connection between the PC and the TV. I have tried stop all programs that could possibly be causing this connection, and whenever I look up all the connections the PC made, the TV was not listed.
- Updated video card driver to latest version
- Update DirectX

For those interrested, here are the system specs (I've just included a lot of the Dxdiag since I am kind of running out of ideas what could be causing this).

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7592
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9500 GT
Display Memory: 2287 MB
Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB

Description: Luidsprekers (High Definition Audio-apparaat)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch)

If anyone has any clue on how to solve this, I would really like to hear so.

Thanks in advance and greetings,

Imetysaw
Huehuehuehuehue, Numero Uno

Imetysaw

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » April 5, 2013 1:38pm | Report
Hello,

This is SmiteFire, a fansite for the game Smite. While someone may be able to answer you question here you might be better using the official site support: https://account.hirezstudios.com/support/default.aspx

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }