Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Installation problem

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Installation problem 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGus » December 23, 2013 6:59am | Report
I've played smite for a few months now. But some days earlier, when the servers were offline, I thought my game crashed. So I deleted the game to reinstall it later, but it said that I'd already installed the game.
Then I deleted every single file of smite and Hi-Rez studios, also in regedit.
This made the problem disappear, but then another problem came.
It said, after I clicked to install smite, "The service did not automatically re-start. Please reboot you pc after pressing OK." but rebooting didn't work and I just got empty files of the game, installed in a few seconds.
After that, I tried everything I could find on the internet, becouse more people seemed to have the same issue. However the solution, which was to restart the "Hi-rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service" did not work for me, becouse I haven't got that service.

Now I'm completely out of ideas. I thought the Hi-rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service should download together with the installer, but it doesn't. Maybe I can get it another way?

Can somebody please help me, becouse Hi-rez support isn't being very helpfull either (I'm sorry to say).

Thanks for your effort.

ps: my English could be bad.

TheGus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WinniZePooh » January 25, 2014 9:49am | Report
Same problem, and deleting all HiRez and Smite files doesnt help :(

WinniZePooh

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by just4replying » March 3, 2014 10:38am | Report
Hey guys, just made this account so i can try to help. I experienced this trouble as well and looking through stuff online did not help. I also deleted all the files in my program files(x86) and program files. First, check if a Hirez folder still exists in the Program Files (not the one with (x86) if you are using Windows 7) and delete that folder. Seeing as how TheGus already deleted every single file and even modified the registry, there should be no more Hi-rez files ANYWHERE on the computer (save for your installer). What I saw in the OP's problem is that he/she deleted the game but did NOT uninstall it properly. If that is the case, then go to Control Panel, click 'Uninstall Program' and uninstall ANYTHING related to Hirez. This should solve the problem of the 'service not automatically re-starting'.

Hope this helps, peace out y'all

just4replying

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brannyn » March 13, 2014 10:52am | Report
As just4replying says at the end there, just uninstall anything related to Hirez.

Had this issue and ended up watching a youtube video that was way too long for what needed to be done lol.

Basically it's because the hi-rez studios authenticate and update server is still on your computer and it causes an issue while installing

Brannyn

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }