Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Game Waiting Time.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Game Waiting Time. 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by blossomswilt » August 19, 2013 7:26pm | Report
I was just a bit irritated at the fact that you have to wait so long for a game at times, and was thinking that maybe it would be better if the game auto starts once enough people select that game mode? So like, lets say 10 people click on Conquest, and soon as the 10th person clicks on it to wait, it starts automatically since enough people are connected to it, and it would make the game wait much better. :D

blossomswilt

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » August 23, 2013 7:19am | Report
I'm not entirely sure why they haven't done it yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll be added whenever the game comes out from the beta. Could take a few months from there on too though so no promise.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 23, 2013 7:22am | Report
I actually like the current one cause i know when exactly i will play

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » August 23, 2013 3:04pm | Report
If I had to guess, I would say the reason they do it the way they do is for game balance.

They use some formula to match up players based on skill level. They also match groups (so if you got two friends in a party you'll be matched against another party).

If they just started games immediately, it would be a random miss match of people playing and they would not have a pool to create the most balanced teams.

Of course, in theory they could make you wait until theres enough people for a balanced game.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }